Microsoft teams Status - Mobile and Desktop

Hi,

I am logged into ms teams in both mobile and desktop.

I noticed that while I am using my desktop, sometimes my ms teams status will be set to away. This also happens even when i am using Microsoft teams on the desktop to message someone.

I can try to set my status to available, but it will instantly change back to away.

I noticed that when I become active in Microsoft teams with my phone on in the mobile app, the status on both mobile and desktop will then change to available. Once I stop using the mobile app for a few minutes, the desktop status will then change to away again, even while i am using the desktop.

This problem also happens when I enter a meeting on desktop, when I am in a meeting it will still show that i am "away" on desktop. And then once again if I enter the meeting from my phone, my status will then show "busy" on mobile and also on desktop.

It seems like the activity/status of my ms teams on mobile supersedes my activity/status on desktop instead of responding to activity on both.

Hi, I'm Sergio, it's a pleasure to help you.

As far as i know, unfortunately, the status between desktop and mobile is not dependent to each other.
The status is based on your activity on each devices so you will be needing to update manually the statuses for both devices.
Teams will automatically set your status from Available to Away when the Teams app is in the background.
Thats way you need to setup the status manually.
However, if you want to send a feedback to Microsoft to improve this feature you can use this link information:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/give...

Greetings.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 33,068 Applies to: