Microsoft Teams Rooms not waking up after nightly reboot?

Hi,

Does anyone find randomly some MTRS will not wake up after what appears to be nightly update or reboot, UK units its around 2.30am and our US rooms its 7.30am, bit of a reoccurring theme, also very random, not a huge problem but still.......

Also any ideas on solution for waking or I should say turning back on without physically being in the room, can you perhaps configure Wake On Lan?

TIA!

Hello Harvy D, I'm Segunfunmi, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft user like you. Thank you for posting your query in this forum. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with some Microsoft Teams Rooms not waking up after a nightly reboot. As an Independent Advisor and Microsoft user like yourself, I understand how frustrating this can be. Here are a few potential solutions that you could try: - Rebooting the NUC: If the NUC is no longer outputting video to the TVs via HDMI and the Tap is entirely blank, doing a hard reboot of the NUC might help. - Re-imaging the NUC: If the problem persists, consider re-imaging the NUC with the latest build from Logitech. - Checking Windows Settings: There might be some power-related settings on the Tap via device manager and other Windows settings related to HDMI and sleep that could be adjusted. - Teams Admin Center: You can manage Teams Rooms devices through the Microsoft Teams admin centre. Here, you can change settings on your organisation's Teams Rooms. As for waking the system without being physically present in the room and using Wake-on-LAN, general guides are available online. However, please note that Wake-on-LAN needs to be supported by the hardware and enabled in the BIOS settings. I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with. Kind regards, Segunfunmi.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi - thanks for the response, I don't think we want to re-image as we have over 200 rooms, its certainly not power settings, neither a reboot issue.

As mentioned its very random and the odd occasion, I have seen Wake On Lan guides but not by specifically for Teams hence the question.

Its Lenovo computes so maybe I will ask on there forum.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Harvy D, You’re welcome! I understand your situation. It’s a good idea to ask on the Lenovo forum, as they might have more specific advice for Lenovo devices. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with your Microsoft Teams Rooms! Kind regards, Segunfunmi.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 289 Applies to: