Microsoft teams - not visible in sharepoint

Hello, 

I am using onedrive and sharepoint to work across two devices - my work computer and personal desktop.

Onedrive is working very well we are hoping to use a team that was set up on Microsoft teams as a shared folder for our design team. 

We are able to sync this folder across devices by going through Mircosoft teams but I cannot see the team in my Sharepoint tab. I can see some other teams that I am part of it but not our root 'Parks' team.

I am also unable to save to this location when using Microsoft 355 excel or word.

Can you support?

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your post on the community forum. I'm Nik, an independent advisor here to assist you with this.

May you please participate in a chat and attach a document in the chat conversation? Also, please try uploading a document to sync the Team group to the SharePoint sites list.
As I know, it takes some to show the Team group in OneDrive and SharePoint.

Regards
Nik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm confused.

Is this not a chat?

The team has been set up for months so it should be visible.

There are already lots of files in the team folder.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Suzanne,

Please be advised that not all Team group shows up in OneDrive/SharePoint. This data is populated based on your activity and frequent use of the channel and the SharePoint libraries.

I see that you have created some folders recently on the "Parks" channels. Please try uploading files and give them some time to sync in the SharePoint app.
You could open the document library in SharePoint and click on Follow button to immediately see the library in the SharePoint app.
Follow the following article to "Pin a SharePoint or Microsoft Teams site to your list":
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/find...

Regards
Nik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nik,

thank you for this.

I have gone through the steps but it is still not showing up.

There is no tab 'more libraries'?

I have 'followed' the Parks team but it does not show up in my onedrive list?

Suzanne

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Suzanne,

When you follow the SharePoint site, it'll show in the SharePoint list.
In the OneDrive, you see shared libraries, so please try uploading and doing activities on the files tab in the "Parks" Team and checking the outcome.
Ideally, you should see the most active Shared library on the OneDrive, but I don't see a switch to bring the tile immediately.

Regards
Nik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nik,

I have been working with this teams folder for weeks and still it does not show up in the 'Shared libraries'.

Can this issue be looked at in more detail as this is a folder that I use regularly and is complicated if I cant see it in sharepoint library. I need to go through Microsoft Teams to access it?

Suzanne

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do have the exact same issue. For as long as I am in Windows all works well as I can use the Teams „Files“ section and then get to the „Documents“ root folder. But on iOS there is no way (by either sharepoint, one-drive or teams) to get to anything that is in the root folder of the teams.

It makes no sense at all not to show these sites in sharepoint. I going through all the config in admin center over and over again to see if there is that one setting I missed, …., but no avail.

Can anyone from Microsoft please explain the business logic behind this?

I get the —> display only what is used most often <— part but I am moving my entire organization from ftp-mounting a storage to one-drive and teams. We all have business accounts and when I create a group, it immediately pop-s up in teams, there I can find my way from the General folder that is automatically created to the root (which is Documents). When I put my files there, most of my team will never get to them via sharepoint as it just doesn‘t show up even if I search for the exact term.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 5,844 Applies to: