Microsoft Teams hangs up or disconnects when making outbound calls and on hold

I was using a Jabra headset, but now switched to Plantronics.

I still have an issue with Teams cutting off the call when I'm on hold in a queue. Yesterday it got to 9 minutes 50 seconds and dropped out.

This only happens in outgoing calls - not in meetings.

I have version 24091.214.2846.1452 and it was last updated today.

I don't login on any other devices.

|

Dear Steph McLean,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Microsoft Teams. Based on the information you've provided; it seems like the issue might be related to your network connection or the settings on your computer.

1. Have you checked to make sure it is not due to compatibility issue?

2. Make sure that your internet connection is stable and that you have enough bandwidth to support Teams calls. You can try running a speed test to check your internet speed.

3. Make sure that your audio settings are configured correctly in Teams. You can check this by going to Settings > Devices > Audio devices.

4. Make sure that your audio drivers are up to date. You can check this by going to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers.

5. Clearing your Teams cache can sometimes help resolve issues. You can do this by going to Settings > Privacy > Clear cache.

If none of these steps work, please let me know and provide details like system settings so we can explore other options. Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue right away. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely~
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2024 Views 117 Applies to: