Microsoft teams for Mac Javascript error

I have recently attempted to install Microsoft Teams to my MacBook Air (macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6) and the same error is appearing despite all trouble shooting attempts. 

Please can someone help me allow this program to function. 

Thanks

Hi melcasey8,

Based on the error message, it seems Teams is unable to write into those folders in your Mac because it lacks the permission. In this scenario, please make sure you use the admin account of this Mac to install Teams. Besides, you can follow the steps below to check if it works.

1. Quit Teams.

2. Open a terminal and type:

rm -r ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

3. Navigate to folder Macintosh HD/Library/Application support and 'Get Info' on Microsoft folder to check if the account has the required privilege. If not, please unlock it and change the privilege to Read & Write.

4. Relaunch Teams.

While if it doesn't work, to better understand your situation, may I know when did you encounter this error, in the installation process or Teams start-up process? 

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I am having this problem too. I have followed your steps, but it didnt seem to work.

I encounter this error, this first time I tried to launch teams, and each and every time I try to.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2023 Views 547 Applies to: