Microsoft Teams Error code - caa70004

So, I have rebuilt my PC Windows 10 -64bit (build 1909)
I can access the web version in Edge
However when I try to run the App version, I can log in using the Authenticator app, and I get to the first screen..

However, when I click continue I get the dreaded ...

I've cleared the cache and reinstalled a couple of times, but this still does not work.

I have even tried signing in with my work NHS account, plys my Office 365 account and they both fail too, with this screen.

All accounts work on my laptop. At home I am using BitDefender Total Security, but I am not getting any reports or errors about Teams.
I have also run the app as Administrator.

Any ideas?

Answer
Answer

Hi Noblelox,

Thank you so much for the information and related screenshot given. So if this issue just happened on the new machine, if you tried to log in teams through home laptop or other devices, everything is quite alright, could you please declare that a little bit, many thanks. 

For the new machine, please enable that option which may affect:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Go to the Tools menu.
  3. Select Internet Options.
  4. Select the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section.
  5. Check to see if you have TLS 1.1 enabled, TLS 1.2 enabled (checked).  If not, check the box to enable it.
  6. Select OK.
  7. Close Internet Explorer

In addition, if the above not working, try to reset the host file back to the default, for details, please refer to 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

Let's say to still having issue, please refer to our

private message.

Yours Sincerely, 

George

------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 3,597 Applies to: