Microsoft Teams: "Devices" option in Settings menu does not exist

Hi, 

I have just downloaded Microsoft Teams from Download desktop and mobile apps | Microsoft Teams

I am running version 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit). Last updated today (27th February 2021). This is the first time I have downloaded Microsoft Teams on my personal laptop. I'm a long-time user of Teams in a work capacity so I am very familiar with it. 

I need to access the "Devices" option from the "Settings" menu however this option simply does not exist, as shown below: 

In an attempt to remedy this, I have ran an update to Teams (although it has just been newly downloaded), closed Teams and restarted the app, and I have also followed the advice given on a separate thread - Device settings missing in Teams - Microsoft Community

The advice was to do the following: 

1. Uninstall Teams from the control panel.
2. Clear the Teams credential through:
Search for Credential Manager > Windows Credential > Delete ALL Teams cache credential
3. Delete the Teams cache through below and delete everything inside
%appdata%\Microsoft\teams
4. Install Teams. 

I'm getting a bit desperate as I need to use my laptop in 4 days for a crucial event, however I do not have another device to try. As I have tried various fixes without success, can somebody please offer a solution to what should be a simple issue to resolve? 

Kind regards, 
Anil
Hi AnilLall,

My name is Didi, an Independent Advisor.

If you're signed in to your Teams for Personal life account, by design the device settings options won't be available. Only when you start a call will the device settings menu will appear.

Here are some of the Teams (Personal) UserVoice forums for the request of this functionality. You may vote or leave a comment as well.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599...

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555...

Thank you.
Didi
(I am NOT a Microsoft Agent/Employee.)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please disregard the first link. Thank you.
Didi
(I am NOT a Microsoft Agent/Employee.)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 8,421 Applies to: