Microsoft Teams black screen when sharing full desktop

Sinds the latest versions of Teams. (Currently 1.3.00.260064 (64-bits)) we have multiple complaints that the screen sharing option is not working properly. When a user shares their screen the other side sees only a black screen every time. The only workaround we have found is to let the person who received the invitation to switch and share their desktop with the other and switch back again. That worked every time.  

The only thing i have found about this problem was a screenresolution issue but even with one screen at 1920x1080 or lower have the same problem.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39696394-screen-sharing-with-3440-x-1440-resolution-shows-a

Please fix this bug a.s.a.p.

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you.

Disclaimer: First of all, I want to let you know this is a peer-to-peer forum meaning I'm just regular MS Team forum users like you who are trying to help other MS Team forum users with their MS Team issue. So in this case, I'm Non-Microsoft Staff I don't have access to your account nor I'm authorized to do so. I hope we can have a mutual understanding from the beginning to prevent misunderstanding.

I'm assuming you have updated your desktop app to the latest version.

What happens when you screen share by using a Web browser?
Please go to MS Team online https://teams.microsoft.com please go to your computer then open your chrome or edge browser as recommended browsers.

If you are not experiencing the issue on the web browser you may try to use the web browser fo screen sharing until the bug has been fixed. Please note, I'm just regular MS Team forum users like you so I don't have access to the developer team.

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are also getting reports of this.  The user experiences a delay, and shows a black screen to the audience. We started having reports of this in November. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

does your delay ever go? ours just stays and the only solution is for the audience to click on the teams button or calendar or calls button on the left, let the teams window get small, then click it again to make it larger and it starts working

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, its a long delay, but it eventually goes through, but only shows a black screen. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

im going to test and see if mine goes away, ive never waited more then like 2-3 minutes.  does my workaround step above temporary fix yours?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue and would appreciate if someone can provide a solution.

I just ran a quick test with a colleague and it seemed like sharing my laptop screen worked, whereas sharing my DELL screen (1920 x 1080) didn't work. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

in our case microsoft had released a fix.

If you minimize teams, and then maximize it (after it shows in the bottom corner) does that work?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A work around that leads me to think that in my case it is network related is that although I have 50Mbps download and 20Mbps upload it occurs. But if I connect through the corporate VPN it is works every time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 2, 2023 Views 7,191 Applies to: