Microsoft Team Join Meeting Button is Missing on iPad

Hi,

I work as an IT support in a school and many students are facing a certain problem with the Teams app on iPad. Whenever the teacher starts a meeting, some students can't see the join button and therefore can't enter the session. 

I don't know if this has something to do with the issue but students are divided into teams based on their classes and within each team there are channels for each subject, and the teacher of each subject starts a meeting within their channel. However, it was noticed that students can join meetings in some channels within the team but not in others.

The only solution I've found so far is to delete and re-install the app, but it would be very helpful to find a better and more efficient solution.

Thanks. 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I work as an IT support in a school and many students are facing a certain problem with the Teams app on iPad. Whenever the teacher starts a meeting, some students can't see the join button and therefore can't enter the session. 

I don't know if this has something to do with the issue but students are divided into teams based on their classes and within each team there are channels for each subject, and the teacher of each subject starts a meeting within their channel. However, it was noticed that students can join meetings in some channels within the team but not in others.

The only solution I've found so far is to delete and re-install the app, but it would be very helpful to find a better and more efficient solution.

Thanks. 

I have found that i can force the join button to appear on my child’s ipad for virtual learning when I join the meeting using their account on another device (my iphone). Once I join as them on my iphone, the join button appears on their ipad. I log out as them after they’ve logged in so they are participating on two devices for a brief moment. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2023 Views 8,499 Applies to: