Link to Teams meeting in Outlook is not opening on New Teams on MacOS, is there a new set instructions clear cache for New Teams in MacOS?

I have the New Teams on MacOS. The "Join" button in the Outlook reminder, or the "Join Teams Meeting" button on the calendar is not opening the meeting. It does open the window for Teams, but not the meeting. It refreshing part of the window, so it is getting to the application.

1. I have restarted the application.

2. I restarted the computer.

3. I have reinstalled the application (Teams).

4. I used the option to clear the cache, though this seems to be for Teams Classic. I removed the folder, and it did was not recreated by New Teams. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-administration/clear-teams-cache 

5. I changed to Teams Classic.

6. I changed default browser (Edge to Safari and Chrome)

Is there a new set of instructions for clearing cache for New Teams?

Edit added:

Versions:

Microsoft Teams (work or school) 23272.2708

Microsoft Outlook 16.78

Update from 20231108:

With Microsoft Teams (work or school) Version 23285.3805.2505.9215 it seems to be resolved.

Answer
Answer

Hello Daniel Nilsson3,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

Based on your description I understand you would want to clear the cache in new Teams. Please note that App caching is not supported in the new Teams client, for reference please see Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client - Teams | Microsoft Learn

For detailed steps on how you can enable caching in the new Teams app please see detailed steps in this article App caching for your tab app - Teams | Microsoft Learn.

I look forward to your reply. I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Simbarashe | Microsoft Community Moderator

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 1,468 Applies to: