Limited comments on Teams posts for channel members

Some of my students have informed me that they cannot comment on the posts published in Teams. All of these students have been channel members from the start and haven't experienced these types of problems until recently. These are all "public" posts (set so everyone can reply), but some of them simply cannot do it. When they do try to comment, the system informs them that post commenting is limited. Any ideas as to how to solve the problem? Thank you!
Hello ARNA,

My name is Juan Pedro and I'm a fellow customer and expert user. I will be more than happy to assist you today!

If it just says “failed to send” it’s something wrong on the Microsoft side. There’s been problems with this during the whole last week due to problems with the service.

There is moderation for certain channels that can disallow members from posting or replying in a certain channel but this should go for all members , always and also say so, not give an error message.

Check the service health If you can access admin portal. Wait for time and it will probably resolve itself otherwise create a ticket with Microsoft.

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsof...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for a quick reply, the problem is that the notice doesn't say "failed to send" or anything else that would imply it's a technical difficulty, so I'm inclined to think it has nothing to do with the system as a whole or with a possible heavy load on the site. Also, not all channel members have this problem, just a few of them, while others can comment freely. I've tried waiting, told the students to log off and then log back on, to try it at a different time or from a different device, but nothing helped...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In this case please try to contact your Teams admin (if you don't know who is your admin, please contact the IT department of your company or school) and then check if your admin has assigned the right permissions to all students.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've done that already; I forgot to mention that this is a new development for students who have been members of different channels for a while now (for over a month). 

Is it possible that each member has a limited number of comments and these students have simply reached the limit?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I don't think this is the case.

I would recommend asking your Team Administrator to open a ticket regarding this directly with Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll try that, thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2024 Views 655 Applies to: