Invitation to Teams meeting fails to Yahoo account

Dear hivemind!

My son's teacher has sent us an invitation for a virtual meeting in Teams. My husband, who has a Gmail.com address, receives the full invitation, including date, time, meeting reply options etc. I have a yahoo.se account and I only receive the information seen in the screenshot (translation: Join MS Teams meeting / Read more about Teams / Meeting options). No information about date or time, and no possibility of agreeing to the suggested time. There is also no additional file appended to the message (such as an .ics). 

When I click "Join...", the Teams app tries to connect to the teacher directly. When I click "Meeting options", I get an error message saying that the page cannot be found. 

When my husband forwards the invitation to me, I get the same information as in the screenshot (no meeting info) plus an .ics file, which does have that info. 

How can I configure Yahoo and/or Teams correctly so I can stop spamming the teacher about problems which are obviously on my end of the conversation. 

Both of us have the personal Microsoft office package, including Teams, installed. Both of us are using a Huawei phone running the most recent Android version. 

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you.

"How can I configure Yahoo and/or Teams correctly so I can stop spamming the teacher about problems which are obviously on my end of the conversation?"

I'm still not sure with the question, if you are just the email recipients you wouldn't spamming the teacher. If your yahoo email is problematic, just give the teacher your other email address (non-yahoo account) so she/he will send the meeting invitation to that email instead.

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply, but I would like to know how I can make Teams invitations show correctly in Yahoo (if possible). I'd rather get it solved than flip between email accounts to avoid it. If you, or someone else could help me with that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I may have been unclear about the spamming; obviously it's not the invitation that's sending spam, that was my way of jokingly saying that I may have emailed the teacher far too many times about the problem. 

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As much as I'd like to help you but unfortunately the issue comes from the email provider which is outside of my control as a community advisor. The best way to go about this by asking the teacher to send an invitation email to your different email address.

P.S.

As a community advisor (Non-Microsoft Staff) I'm just regular MS Team users like you who are trying to help other MS Team users with their MS Team issue. So in this case, I don't have access to your account nor I'm authorized to do so. Your cooperation and understanding would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards

I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I Never add to these threads, but ALWAYS search them...here is my "give back"....I was going crazy with the same thing but FINALLY figured it out!!  Here is what seems to happen when a MS Teams invite is sent to my Yahoo calendar. If you stare at that crazy long link long enough, you'll realize that (for some reason) a bracket (>) is added as the last character in the link and THAT is what screws it up. All I do now (until MSFT fixes this) is copy the link (without this added >) and paste it into a new meeting at the same time and just paste that link you've copied into the main subject line (don't use Location or Notes section - the link doesn't seem to work). 

Really hope this helps others!!!

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2024 Views 13,476 Applies to: