How to use three different Teams accounts and be online simultaneous

Hi!

I am working partly in 3 organizations and have three Office 365 accounts and want to be online in Teams in all these organizations simultaneous.

Is it possible in Teams or is it better to use some other platform/program for communication within the organizations?

I read about the solution to sign in using one account in the app and another in the web, I guess using different web browser suppliers for the different accounts. This is not really practical since I need to access Sharepoint as well in the web browser.

Or do you mean that I use Microsoft Edge for one account, Chrome for another and Firefox for the third?

---Best Regards, Magnus

Answer
Answer

Hi

I know what you mean, I've been in your situation as well. A teams new feature update rolling out shortly means you can have 3 Teams accounts from different orgs logged in simultaneously on the same desktop app, but unfortunately without that update, there's no way inside of the desktop app.

So I encourage you to either use different browsers as you said, or just use Chrome or Edge and click 'add a profile' under your profile picture so you don't have to download more than one browser.

Hope this helps!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi ,

As of today, Microsoft team desktop/web app will only allow you to sign-in with one account at any point in time. To login on another account, you would need to sign-out and sign-in again.
Currently, Microsoft is working to enable switch between multiple accounts to feature, and it is expected to be released in February 2021.
For more update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/r...

Meanwhile, I would advise a trick creating multiple chrome browser profiles and save each profile with individual team login and pin the chrome tab:
It is one of the best ways to switch between MS teams Multiple Accounts as a workaround:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXgWkm7zDU

Here is another trick, you can follow this video walkthrough to open multiple instances of MS Teams desktop app with different accounts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKPKrWGgf4&...

This video tutorial helps you create multiple profiles and store sign-in information without conflicting with one open in the browser session.

Also, You could use the MS teams mobile app that allows you to add multiple account and switch between them.

I hope this helps!

Disclaimer:
Note: Link shared in this conversation is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Regards
Nik

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 7,398 Applies to: