How to make Teams meeting attendance report cumulative?

I'm using Microsoft Teams to host training sessions with 30-50 attendees. I have been downloading the Attendance Report to keep track of who has attended each session. However, if someone joins the session after it has ended, the attendance report is deleted and re-created, showing that only the person who joined after the meeting ended, attended. This has happened more often than you would think. Is there a way to make the attendance report cumulative rather than refreshed when someone joins at the wrong time?

|

Hello LDran,

Good day! Thank you for posting in the Microsoft community.

We have received your query and you can expect to receive a response from one of our community moderators accordingly.

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello LDran,

Good day!

Based on your description, I understand the issue you’re facing with the current attendance report behavior.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make the attendance report cumulative in Microsoft Teams. Generally, the report generates based on the attendance data collected during the meeting, and it's not designed to be updated after the meeting has ended.

To better understand the issue, I attempted to replicate the same issue in our test environment. I have received two separate attendance reports.

In the first report, all attendees were listed as present, while in the second, only the attendees who attempted to join after the meeting session had ended was recorded. Additionally, I successfully downloaded both reports in CSV format.

If you have access to the Teams Administrator privileges, you can also review the attendance list from the Teams admin center by specifying the Meeting ID and time.

Steps:

Users > Manage Users > Select the Organizer > Select Meeting & Calls

You can also download the attendance report from here by selecting the Meeting or call ID. This will provide you with all the details about the meeting time and participants.

I hope the above information will be useful to you. If you have any further queries or need to add any additional information, please feel free to respond. I will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 37 Applies to: