How is the Misconfiguration alert able to be resolved?

I am receiving a Misconfiguration Alert when I try to open Teams and Outlook on my iPhone indicating admin wants apps on the device to be managed by an account of a former employer. I have deleted the VPN for this company, I have deleted all Microsoft apps, I have reset my iPhone and restored it, unregistered the device and reinstalled the apps and still get the alert.

Hello CLCaudle, I'm Ibhadighi and I'd happily help you with your question. In this forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. The misconfiguration alert you're encountering is likely due to remnants of a mobile device management (MDM) profile or configuration from your former employer still being associated with your iPhone. Here's a simplified approach to resolve it: 1. Check for MDM Profiles: - Go to Settings on your iPhone. - Tap on General. - Scroll down and look for Device Management or Profiles & Device Management. - If there's a profile associated with your former employer, remove it. 2. Reinstall Apps: - After ensuring all profiles are removed, reinstall Teams and Outlook from the App Store. If the alert persists even after these steps, you might need to contact your former employer's IT department to request they manually remove your device from their system, or Apple Support for further assistance in completely removing any hidden management profiles. I hope this helps, Best Regards, Ibhadighi

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. I have removed profiled from Device Management and also contacted former IT. I will try Apple next. Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for letting me know CLCaudle, I hope it all works out for you. Best Regards, Ibhadighi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 1,023 Applies to: