how do I switch back to Microsoft teams classic

how do I switch back to Microsoft teams classic

|

Dear Braden,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "how do I switch back to Microsoft teams classic". you can switch back to "Classic" Teams by turning New Teams Off at the top or If you don't have Toggle at the top of Teams kindly go to Settings and more or three dots (...)-->Turn Off New Teams

Switch to the new Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

Am looking forward to your response. Please feel free to let me know if there are any updates or I get it wrong. I will continue to help you based on the information you provide. We sincerely thank you for your patience and cooperation. Thank you for your time. Have a good day

Best regards,

Inema | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Braden,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "how do I switch back to Microsoft teams classic". you can switch back to "Classic" Teams by turning New Teams Off at the top or If you don't have Toggle at the top of Teams kindly go to Settings and more or three dots (...)-->Turn Off New Teams

Switch to the new Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

Am looking forward to your response. Please feel free to let me know if there are any updates or I get it wrong. I will continue to help you based on the information you provide. We sincerely thank you for your patience and cooperation. Thank you for your time. Have a good day

Best regards,

Inema | Microsoft Community Moderator

Toggling off just opens up the Teams Classic App, closes the Teams New App before toggling off, and leaves you with a loading Microsoft Teams Classic window but never launches.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem is, I switched it back and it loads Classic, but immediately pops up a msg to switch to New Teams, with only two choices: Immediately, or When I'm Not Using Teams.

I need a 3rd button, Stay On Classic And Stop Bugging Me About This!

New Teams isn't ready for Prime Time -- or Forced Migration, if you wish. It doesn't sort the Chats list in order of newest first, nor is there any option about that list sorting. It retains the original sorting from the switch and doesn't change. This is extremely time-consuming!

Thanks,

--Steve

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.

I have New Teams toggled off, but I still get kicked out of Classic every day and New Teams replaces it. The audio and video, despite being on, do not work in New Teams.

How do I stop New Teams from automatically loading despite deleting it from my computer EVERY DAY.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why are you changing to a new Teams application when there are a lot bugs. I want to keep Classic because it works for my work but New Teams is forcing me to accept and when I enter a channel, it states that I am locked but supervisor states that I have privileges. I have no option to accept Classic. It automatically goes to new Teams…without asking me if I want to stay in Classic.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What Steve says!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have many problems with New Teams and cannot use the toggle, as it immediately stops me and forces me to click either "switch to new teams now", or "switch to new teams next time". Another one of the features not listed by others as not working in New Teams is the CTRL+SHIFT+I to mark a message as Important. I heard there is a way to find the old teams and stop new teams from starting at boot and let me start the true old teams, and I would like Those Instructions, so it stops asking me to install/use new teams.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,995 Applies to: