How do I report problems with Microsoft Teams?

Trying to find a feature inside of Teams that doesn't exist, which is frustrating to begin with.

Then, I think, maybe I should give Microsoft some feedback so that they can make this product better. Because I'm stuck with it, per organization policy. So inside Teams, I go to: Help >> Troubleshooting >> "Report a problem with an app", which offers the super helpful message:

"Click Help on the left side of the app, then select Provide feedback to tell us what you think."

Unfortunately, the "Provide Feedback" link DOES NOT EXIST. Totally useless.

Then, I figured since I'm already invested in this, I would try to raise the issue with support, and was told that I don't have that privilege because I'm not an Office 365 admin. 

Finally, I landed here. 20 minutes of my life that I'm not getting back. Thanks, guys.

There are actually 4 ways of submitting feedbacks to MS. Submitting a feedback at least gives users a chance to talk to MS developers and managers.  From what I've read, MS really does read the feedbacks. Unfortunately, the chance of them actually acting on one you submit is miniscule. But it has happened with a couple, of the hundreds, that I've submitted or voted on.

This article describes them.

Send Feedback to MS Developers
Launch Feedback Hub via  <WIN><F>

“Official” MS does not pay much attention to this forum. However, you now can send your complaints and feature requests directly to MS developers and managers using one of the 4 possible “Feedback” mechanisms described in this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/send-feedback-to-ms-developers/506e7654-8ced-405b-911e-c58d8f253069

Please post a share link to your feedback, back here, so other people who find your question will be able to vote for it and add their comments to it.

Collection of MS “UserVoice” web links:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-desktop/ms-suggestion-box-sites-at-usdervoicecom/7397119c-6d48-49e6-8d94-7bd0a50d214f

MS Feedback article, says basically the same thing:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4021566/windows-10-send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-feedback-hub

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi EWQ123,

From the description, I understand you want to give some feedback about the feature that doesn't existed in Teams client. If so, you may go to left side Help(?)>click “Suggest a feature” option within the Teams client to submit your feedback via UserVoice.  

However, regarding report a problem with Teams you need Office 365 admin role/permission to submit request via Office 365 admin portal. 

You may directly visit the link to submit your feedback on Microsoft Teams Uservoice. Your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. In that way understanding your experience helps us to make our product and service better for you and others. 

Your time and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is precisely my problem. Help(?)>click “Suggest a feature” does NOT exist. I'm running Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.22561

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Then use the TEAMS uservoice link in the link collection I provided earlier.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 9,268 Applies to: