How can an "Admin" enable Scheduled Meetings in a Private Channel?

Okay Microsoft, We've known for years that we cannot schedule meetings in Private Channels because Private Channels do not have calendars. However, why did you recently add this grayed out option to "Schedule a Meeting" and add a pop-up tool tip telling our users that "Your Admin hasn't enabled this feature" when we do not have the ability to enable.... unless I'm missing something.

Please reply if know how to enable Schedule Meetings in Private Channels. Maybe the solution is in Powershell?

Microsoft has not added this feature to it's roadmap for Teams either that I can find. Again, maybe I'm missing it.

This Tool tip should say, "Microsoft has not added this feature, but we forgot to remove the button on the NEW! Teams."

FYI: We will use this work around

until Microsoft enables this button (been waiting for 3 years)

|

Hello

I hope you're doing well!

I wanted to drop you a quick note about your recent post on the Microsoft Community. Our team is actively looking into your situation, and we'll be sharing an update on the thread accordingly.Your patience and cooperation mean a lot to us as we work through this. We truly appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Inema

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Brandon Eastin,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

I understand your frustration with the current limitations of scheduling meetings in private channels in Microsoft Teams. Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way for an admin to enable scheduled meetings in private channels. The grayed-out option you are seeing is a known issue and Microsoft is working on a fix for it. In the meantime, you can use a workaround by scheduling the meeting in the main channel and then moving it to the private channel. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as Microsoft works to improve the Teams experience.

Thanks for pointing out that the UI designing issue, it should be "Microsoft has not added this feature" not "Your Admin hasn't enabled this feature".

Thanks for bring this to Microsoft Community. Since I think your idea is really constructive. I will report this to Microsoft. Meanwhile, I sincerely suggest you post this precious suggestion to Microsoft. Microsoft will update their product based on customers' suggestions. Believe your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

Here is our official URL to submit your suggestion: Microsoft Teams · Community.

After submitting the feedback, will you please share me the feedback link, I will ask my team to help vote for it. Through this, our support engineers will be able to collate data and supporting details regarding this and might consider adding the feature as a good ground for future updates.

I hope the information helps! If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In the meantime, you can use a workaround by scheduling the meeting in the main channel and then moving it to the private channel.

There is no option to change the channel of an existing meeting though. How can you move a meeting to the private channel?

I hope scheduling meetings in private channels in enabled soon. The forum threads on this issue go back years and it's a very important feature. Thank you!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you let me know 'how' can I 'move' a scheduled meeting from the main channel to the private channel?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 2,557 Applies to: