Hi, my Vivint app requires I enter a 6-digit code, but my Microsoft Authenticator App only displays an 8-digit code.

Hi, my Vivint app requires I enter a 6-digit code, but my Microsoft Authenticator App only displays an 8-digit code. is there a solution to this issue?

Hi, I'm Joshua and I am happy to help.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Please see the following link on how you can make this work.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/..., provide%20you%208%20digit%20codes.&text=Two%20step%20verification%20provides%206%20digit%20codes

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly this did not work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! My name is Ben and hope you are doing well.

With regards to your issue, this may seem to be a 3rd party app issue on your case it is Vivint app. On their page it states you may need to add the Vivint app to your Authenticator app manually.

QR code is not being accepted as per their page. On this case, you can manually setup the Vivint app or account via the Microsoft authenticator app.

1. Launch the Microsoft authenticator app.
2. Click the + icon to add a new account.
3. Click "Other"
4. Click enter manually below the screen.

Then follow and enter the details needed for the Vivint app. Details can be found on their page https://support.vivint.com/s/article/Smart-Home....

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this information helps to setup your autheticator app. Let us know how it goes or if you have further question.

Kind regards,

Ben

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How are we suppose to get this code if we cannot log into the app. I copied and pasted the code from this blog and it adds to mcirepsft Authenticator app and indeed gives a 6 digit code but that code won’t work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 1,216 Applies to: