Free Teams Account stopped working (You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams)

For some reason today I switched to teams tab in my browser and it gave me an error "You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams", I have previously signed up for a free account, created channels, worked with it normally, all was fine but today it started giving this error and I am not sure why. 

The strange thing is that I can still load the Teams App on my android phone, access the channels, send messages, etc... 

I tried to login on the Desktop application instead of the browser but I am still getting the same error. 

If I try to signup, it says you're signed up already. I am not sure what to do.

Thanks for help.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi 

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

I'd like to let you know when it comes to MS Team free there are 2 types of accounts.
1. MS Team free personal account.
2. MS Team free organization account.

If you can access the MS Team free from the mobile app but can't access it from the computer, that's usually because you only have signed up for the MS Team free personal account which can only be accessed from a mobile phone (at least at this time). As of the moment, in order to access MS Team free on a computer, you need to have an MS Team free organization account. Please note, MS Team free personal account and MS Team free organization account are not the same.

Eventually, MS Team free personal account will be available on the PC soon on  February 2021 but the current status still under development process as you can see in the roadmap calendar in the following link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/r...

So I suggest you sign up for the MS Team free organization account, So please make sure you use a personal account then refer to the following article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sign...

Disclaimer:
Please note, this is a peer-to-peer support forum meaning I'm just fellow regular MS Team forum users like you who are trying to help other MS Team forum users with their MS Team issue. So in this case, I'm Non-Microsoft Staff I don't have access to your account nor I'm authorized to do so. I hope we can have a mutual understanding from the beginning to prevent misunderstanding.

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Daniel, but I was using this exact same account on the web for months without any problem, only today this error started to show. Was there a change in the policy in the last couple of days?

Also if I follow the link you posted to sign up for the MS Team free organization account, I get the message "Looks like you already have an account. Sign in to open Microsoft Teams." and a "sign in" button. Clicking the signin button gives me the error I originally posted with the URL "https://teams.microsoft.com/_?culture=en-us&country=US&lm=deeplink&lmsrc=homePageWeb&cmpid=WebSignIn#/licenseError?errorCode=GuestUserNotRedeemed"

Any ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please clear the web cache on your web browser then log again into https://teams.microsoft.com

Please note, only Chrome & edge browsers are recommended browsers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daniel,

I did that before, did it again now. I even created a new profile in Google Chrome as well as Microsoft Edge, still exactly the same error. I even tried on the Application. No idea what the problem might be.

Any other ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please mention the domain name of your account?
I found that some domain names have issues with MS Team free.

Just enough mention the domain after @ sign, please don't mention the full email address because it will be automatically redacted by the system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

tenex.io

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is odd.

May I ask a few questions below:
1. Are you the domain owner of tenex.io? Did you purchase the domain name tenex.io on your own?
2. Do you have an MS365 license?
3. What happens when you access MS Team from a different computer? Does the same issue persist?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is very odd.

1. this is my domain, yes.

2. I am only using free teams, I did not purchase MS365 license. I am the first one with tenex.io account who created a free account on teams, so I am the "admin".

3. I just tried accessing teams from a different computer and I am receiving the same error.

Absolutely mind boggling.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please go back again to the MS Team mobile app to double-check the issue. 

Please select 3 horizontal bars on the left > under the account & orgs section, do you see the personal account is being selected? Do you see both organization & personal accounts listed there? or is it only one listed there?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see both the personal and the organization and the mark is on the organization one not the personal. This is the one I was using on the web before: Tenex.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 984 Applies to: