Flagged e-mails attachment disappears in Teams

Hi,

my workflow for e-mails that I want to follow-up is, that I flag them when sending them. Afterwards, they automatically appear in Teams -> My Tasks -> Flagged emails. I see from the paper clip icon in the column "quick look" that there is an attachment, and clicking on it, I can review the e-mail I have sent. However, after doing this once, the attachment disappears and when re-opening the objekt, the e-mail or the reference to it has gone. My expectation would be, that the attachments always stays there. Is this a bug? Thanks for your advise

|

Dear CRiR

Good day! Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community. We'll be happy to help!

First of all, we regret for the inconvenience caused to your work. Based on your description, I have a general understanding of your question, I understand that you are experiencing an issue with flagged emails disappearing in Teams after reviewing the attachment.

Regarding your concern, this is not a bug. When you review the flagged email attachment in Teams, it is only a preview of the email. The actual email is still stored in your mailbox. If you want to keep the attachment in Teams, you can save it to a channel or chat conversation.

To do this, click on the "..." next to the attachment and select "Save As". Then, choose the channel or chat conversation where you want to save the attachment.

Meanwhile, if you still need further help or Imisunderstood yout meaning, please kindly correct me and give me more details so that I can do more research and tests, thanks.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. Your patience and cooperation will be greatly appreciated. I hope for all the best!

Sincerely

Kerry Chen | Community Moderator

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kerry, thanks for your answer - however, I cannot replicate your advise . I did 4 screenshots to illustrate what I am doing and how my view in Teams in changing:
1) I see a flagged mail with the paper clip icon

2) opening this, I can see the flagged e-mail as attachment, but cannot save it (according to your advise, when clicking on the "..."

3) closing it again, the paper clip icon has disappeard

4) opening the object again, also the attachment has disappeard

However, after some hours, I experience that the paper clip icon and the attachmen appear again

Thanks again for your support!, Sincerely

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 16 Applies to: