Error Message When Moving Files from OneDrive to Teams

Hello - I have an issue that stems from the results of this thread.

Basically, after completing all of the steps outlined in the thread, I receive a notification in teams that says "The file [name of file] didn't uploaded. File upload failed." I've uploaded a screenshot of the notification, which appears in the bottom righthand corner.

The only way I can successfully get something from my OneDrive to teams is by opening the document, "save as," making a copy, and saving that copy to the teams folder. This would be very tedious (bordering on unrealistic) to do for all my orgs' documents.

Does anyone know the reason behind such an error or have any strategies to circumvent it?

Thanks!

Hi rog123,

Welcome to our forum community. We will provide you possible information into the forum community.

From your mentioned description and thread link, I have checked few things from my side. I got Move option under below mentioned option.

I haven’t found Move option on Teams under Files > Cloud storage > OneDrive. At present, I can see Copy link or Download option. Below are the screenshot from our end.

On the other hand, currently Move option for file is available under Files > Cloud storage > OneDrive > Microsoft Teams Chat Files or TEST folders. I can move file from OneDrive to team group channel on Teams from my side.

Meanwhile, once please try to perform below thing and see the result outcome.

1. Please try to double verify that if you can upload document manually under Files tab in any team group channel.

2. If you are using Teams desktop application, please open Teams web app in different web browsers and try to identify the result.

3. On the other hand, please try to double confirm that if you can move file from team group channel to OneDrive.

4. Further, could you please provide us some detailed steps and screenshot about “Moving Files from OneDrive to Teams”?

Regards,
Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Darpan,

Thanks for your response. Here are the answers to your responses:

1. I have confirmed that I can manually add files to the files tab in the team, either via selecting "new" in the teams tab, or dragging an external file into the browser window.
  2. I exclusively use the Teams web app and have been using google chrome. 
  3. I receive the same error message when I try to move something from Teams to OneDrive (see below)

4. Please see below for the steps I am following attempting to move something from OneDrive to Teams:

a. Here is the files tab within teams. I have selected cloud storage>onedrive, found the document I want to move, and selected move

b. Here I have identified the location in Teams where I would like to move the file. I then click "move" in the bottom right cornerImage

c. I receive this error message. Please note that I am aware that the document says 'private' under 'sharing.' I receive the same error when trying to move documents labeled as 'shared.'

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi rog123,

Thank you for sharing such information with us.

Based on your mentioned description, please try to perform below thing and see if it gives any different result.

1. Once, please try to use different web browsers and see if it makes any difference.

2. Further, kindly open Teams application in different network environment. If any proxy / VPN / anti-virus is enabled into the machine and see the result.

3. On the other hand, if you are using Teams application on web, please try to use Teams desktop application on PC and see the result outcome and Teams desktop application is also giving new experience feature. Here is the article for the reference purpose: Turn on the new experience

Here is the download URL link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app

Please feel free to contact us and provide us some updated result information for further analysis and assistant.

Regards,

Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2022 Views 57 Applies to: