Email notifications for mentions in Teams (Posts, Conversations & Chats)

Wondering if notifications can be set in a way that every mention in teams should send an "email" to the one who has been mentioned. I know activity feed is available for that within teams, but this feature is required for some top officials in the organization. when a user "John Doe" is mentioned in teams, then "John Doe" should get a notification in the email. i figured there was a flow (power automate) but its "Alert me when I am mentioned in Microsoft Teams", I want to set this configuration for anyone who gets mentioned (in teams) then he/she should receive an email notification as well. Also, we've tweaked all the notification settings but not having any email notification for the mentions. 

Hello Saurabh,

About sending emails to the one who has been mentioned, it isn’t feasible. And users can only set and control their own mention notifications. In Teams, you can turn on Banner and emails for Mentions, if there’s any missed mention activity, you’ll be receiving an email:

If you can’t get the email, then set the “Missed activity emails” to “As soon as possible”:

Based on my experience, emails will send to you only when you aren’t signed in. If you have different scenario, or any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Besides, for this feature, if it’s very important to you, I recommend you submit a feedback at Teams UserVoice. We highly value every customer’s suggestions to the product, your time and understanding will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 5,051 Applies to: