Connector Compatibility Issues with Updated Microsoft Teams

Hi,

We have been successfully using our app connector for several years without issues. However, since upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Teams, we have encountered significant functionality problems that were not present in the older version.

While the connector continues to work flawlessly on the older version of MS Teams, it fails to configure or remove connectors in the new MS Teams. Additionally, the webhook functionality is also non-operational.

We have noticed missing context values such as 'teamName' and 'teamId', which may be contributing to these issues. I have attached screenshots below for your review.

Old MS Teams context

New MS Teams context

Furthermore, we are experiencing problems with the microsoftTeams.settings.setSettings() function from the @microsoft/teams-js library, which does not seem to operate correctly in the new MS Teams environment. It is unclear whether this issue is related to the saveEvent.notifySuccess() function or if there are other underlying problems preventing the settings from being applied properly.

Many of our clients are expressing their frustration due to these disruptions. We are eager for your assistance and look forward to your swift response to help resolve these issues.

Best regards,

|

Hello Aiden Kim3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are experiencing issues with your app connector after upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Teams. I understand that this is causing frustration for your clients.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that there may be compatibility issues between your app connector and the new version of Microsoft Teams. I recommend that you reach out to our Microsoft Teams developer support team: Teams Developer - Microsoft Community Hub for further assistance with this issue.

Apologies for redirecting you to a different community. The members in that category specialize in addressing concerns related to issues like this and possess exceptional expertise.
Redirecting you to the correct path will ensure faster and better assistance with resolving these issues.

Appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day!

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 36 Applies to: