Clicking 'Join on the Teams app' doesn't work

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble joining Teams automatically when clicking a link from Gmail.

Clicking the 'Join on the Teams app' prompt doesn't do anything, and so I'm not sure what to do.

I also had some issues (when I did manage to get Teams to work) where it was saying I had registered my personal email with a work or school account, which shouldn't have happened.

Is there any way of checking if this is the case, as I can't seem to duplicate the prompt now.

Any help is appreciated!

|

Hi Aaron Martin2205

Greetings!

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you here!

Based on your description, I understand your issue with joining Teams automatically when clicking a link from Gmail.

To assist you better, I still need to gather more information from you:

1. First of all, could you let us know if you are using an Office 365 for business/education account with a subscription or a Microsoft personal account ended with outlook.com/hotmail.com?

2. Would you please tell me how do you access Teams on your device and what's the detailed version of Microsoft Teams you're using?

Find the version of Microsoft Teams you're using - Microsoft Support

3. How did you access the link from Gmail? Would you please try to right-click or long-touch on the prompt to get the url address and then copy the link to a browser to see if it works? You may also share with me the screenshot about it.

As per the error message you got regarding "I had registered my personal email with a work or school account", would you please share with me the complete screenshot about it?

Since your post applies to Teams for personal, as far as I am concerned, it may indicate an account type error (that you used a work/school account to login to Teams for personal).

Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

Your patience and cooperation will be greatly appreciated. I hope all the best!

Sincerely,

Connery You

*Beware of scammers posting fake support Numbers here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, thanks for responding.

I have a Gmail account that I used to sign up to Microsoft Teams. Hopefully that answers your question there?

I have tried downloading the Teams app to use on my desktop. As it doesn't work, I just open meetings in my browser.

I uninstalled, and tried reinstalling teams but was faced with two login options, both using my Gmail address. (One had a badge icon, the other had a silhouette icon)

I selected neither and closed it, and now Teams in my start menu shows as this. I'm wanting a personal use accountImage

It's almost as if I need to wipe any affiliation with Microsoft Teams, and then sign up again. Perhaps I accidentally signed up for a work account previously, but using my personal email address.

The link was sent to my Gmail email address by a Microsoft employee. Clicking the link opens the 'option' screen where it asks if you want to open in the app, or continue in the browser. Opening in the browser works fine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aaron Martin2205

Sorry for my late reply!

Based on your description and the error message saying, "This version of Teams only supports work or school accounts managed by an organization", the issue may be related to your account type.

As you mentioned "Opening in the browser works fine", would you please tell me when you sign in to Teams, does the URL remain as https://teams.live.com/ or redirect to https://teams.microsoft.com/?

If you use a personal account example in the screenshot below.

Imagen

And in this case, to access the 'Join on the Teams app' prompt, please kindly try the following steps:

1. Uninstall current version of Teams. Uninstall Teams from your system (Please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and features -> Select Microsoft Teams or Teams > Right click -> Select Uninstall)

2. Download and use Teams for Home from the link below. Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams

Your patience and cooperation will be greatly appreciated. I hope all the best!

Sincerely,

Connery You

*Beware of scammers posting fake support Numbers here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 70 Applies to: