Can't login to my account on teams app after accepting guest invitation

Hi,

I use Teams Free app and it has been working fine, up until last week when I got an invitation to join a channel in another organization. Once I had accepted the invitation (I think they have the pay version if that makes a difference) I can no longer login to my own organization on the app. It works by web and iphone, but I realls would need it to for on the desktop app.

When I try to login it says that I dont have access to the organization.

I have googled the issue and tried all solutions I could find, but nothing worked. I have uninstalled, cleared the Teams folder etc.

Anyone has an idea of how to solve this?

Thanks!

Victoria

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

This issue occurs usually because you still are attached as a guest to a previous organization. Please make sure you have removed yourself from any organization as a guest and see how it goes.

There are a few options to remove yourself as a guest.

Option 1:
Please follow the instruction in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/azure/active-d...

Option 2:
or you can ask the team owner of the previous team to remove you as a guest from his Team, Please ask him to select (...) next to the team name > members tab > under the members & guests section, select "X".

Option 3
If the previous organization use MS Team paid license, You can ask the IT admin to remove you as a guest from the admin center. Ask the admin to visit this link: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/G...

Disclaimer:
Please note, this is a peer-to-peer support forum meaning I'm just fellow regular MS Team forum users like you who are trying to help other MS Team forum users with their MS Team issue. So in this case, I'm Non-Microsoft Staff I don't have access to your account nor I'm authorized to do so. I hope we can have a mutual understanding from the beginning to avoid misunderstanding.
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your quick reply!

The problem is that I need to remain a guest in the other organization as I am involved in a project with that group.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Victoria

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How many of those organizations hasve invited you as a guest?

If you still need to be listed as a guest in other organizations, please make sure them to check a few things below:
1) Please make sure your admin has enabled guest access in Teams https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams...

2) Please ask them to double-check whether they have added you to the team as a guest or not: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

However, If the problem still persists then please ask them to remove you as a guest and then re-adding you again as a guest.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been invited to one organization as a guest.

As for the other two points; the organization I was invited to I can access without any problems, it's my own organization I can't login to.

But could it still be that my organization needs to do the two steps above, for me to be able to login to our organization while being a guest in another organization...?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please log in to the following link:
https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations

Can you see your own organization listed there as shown in the screenshot below?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, exactly, there I can see my own organization just like in your screen shot. And I also had the guest organization there, so I removed that one, and have also been removed by the person who invited me. But when I try to login I still get this where it says that I dont have access to my own organization, and in the menu I can chose either my own org or the one I just left as a guest.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wonder whether you are experiencing the same issue when using MS Teams online.

Please follow these steps below to isolate the issue:
1. Please go to your computer then open your chrome or edge browser as the only recommended browsers to access MS Teams online.
2. Please go to MS Teams online https://teams.microsoft.com
3. Then try to log in.

Are you experiencing the same issue when you are using MS Teams online from your computer?

Kind Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No from web it works fine! But then there are functions missing i e in meetings to share control etc, so I would really like to get the desktop working again. Iphone app also works.

Thank you for trying to help :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please follow these steps below:

Step 1
Please reset the MS Team app and see how it goes.

Please visit the following article and refer to the section, under the "Windows: Clear Teams Cache" section. https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/clearing-team...

Step 2
- Exit MS Team app.
- Go to Windows settings > Accounts >
- Select "Access Work and School" > Select old work account > Click Disconnect
- Sign out and Sign in again. Go to "Email & App account" > Click on old work account and Remove

Step 3:
- Click Windows Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager.
Note: if View by is set to Category, click user accounts first, and then click Credential Manager.
- Select the Windows Credentials option. Locate the set of credentials that has either Microsoft Teams in the name and then expand the corresponding folder.
- Click Remove from Vault (depending on which version of Windows you are running).

DISCLAIMER:
There's a link above from the non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kind Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Step 1 done

Step 2;

When i try to disconnect work and school account it says that the computer isnt connected to a domain, and nothing happens when I then click disconnect

When I go to email and app account I cant click remove, only manage and when I click manage it opens a browser and goes to this page

Step 3 I've tried without sucess

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2023 Views 1,471 Applies to: