Can't add external users to a shared channel in Teams

Hi!

We can't add an external user to a shared channel in Teams. The toggle "Invite external users to shared channels" in the Teams policy is on, B2B settings are ok as fare as I can see. Still we can't add, just get the message "We could'nt find any matches".

I've also tried to add via Teams admin center, same result...

|

Dear Jennie Ekeström,

Good day! Thank for posting in the community.

We've received your query, and you can expect to receive response from one of our community moderators accordingly.

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jennie Ekeström,

Good day! Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to see that you cannot add external users to a shared channel in Teams.

First thing I would have suggested was to check the policy and B2B settings but, since you have already mentioned, the toggle "Invite external users to shared channels" in the Teams policy is on.

You have also mentioned that the B2B settings are ok.

According to your description it seems like that the issue with the backend system itself.

I would highly recommend you get in contact with Microsoft support.

As the community moderator we have limited access to the backend data of you user accounts and tenant.

Before that can you please make sure that you have created the B2B collaboration accordingly?

Follow this article and please let me know the update that the external tenant/ organization have accepted your request.

Collaborate with external participants in a shared channel (IT Admins) | Microsoft Learn

To configure outbound settings for an organization:

1. In Microsoft Entra ID, select External Identities, and then select Cross-tenant access settings.

2. Select the outbound access link for the organization that you want to modify.

3. On the B2B direct connect tab, choose Customize settings.

4. On the External users and groups tab, choose Allow access and set an Applies to of all users.

5. On the External applications tab, choose Allow access and Select external applications.

6. Select Add Microsoft applications.

7. Select the Office 365 application, and then choose Select.

8. Select Save, choose Yes to confirm, and close the Outbound access settings blade.

You can raise a service request with your contact information so that a support engineer can engage and help you directly. If you do not have the Global administrator role, you must contact your Global admin/IT admin to fix this issue. ask them to raise a service request.

• To do that, please ask the global administrator to go to "Teams admin portal".

• Please follow this article: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.

• On right bottom corner click on "Help & support" after that choose the "contact support".

• Fill out the required information in the form, including a description of the issue you are experiencing.

• Click on the "Create" button to submit your request.

• Once your request is submitted, a support engineer will be assigned to your case and will contact you to provide assistance.

hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Appreciate your patience with us.

Looking forward to your response and have a great day ahead!!

Sincerely

S M Nazmun Nur | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: