Can't Add Co-Organizer to Teams Meeting

I am trying to add additional co-organizers to my meeting. They are from the same organization as me and they are specifically invited in the meeting invite. However, they do not appear as drop-down options to be added as co-organizers.

Note: This is a meeting series. I've tried editing the series and individual events with no luck. This is really annoying because we have different presenters and hosts for each meeting and I'd like to be able to update those roles before the meeting begins.

Here is a screen grab of the ppl I want to add as co-organizers in the invite

And here are the options for co-organizers they give me in the Meeting options page:

|

Hello Claudia Hartley

Good day! Thank you for posting in the community. 

We have received your query, and you can expect to receive a response from one of our community moderators accordingly. 

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you. 

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Claudia Hartley,

Thank you for your patience!

In order to better understand the issue, I attempted to replicate the same issue in our test environment. I successfully added a co-organizer to a meeting series.

Could you please create a test meeting and then try to add co-organizers to check if you're able to do it?

At the same time, please try the following steps as troubleshooting measures and update us accordingly, so that we can explore further options.

1. As an organizer open the meeting invite and click on "
Meeting options" at the bottom of the invite. 

2. Under "Who can present?", select "Specific people" and add the email addresses of the co-organizers you want to add. 

3. Under "Who can bypass the lobby?", select "People who were invited" to ensure that only invited attendees can join the meeting directly. 

4. Click "Save" to save the changes. 

If the above steps don't help, try deleting the individuals as presenters, updating the invitation, and then re-adding them as presenters.
For your reference:
I can't assign a co organizer in Teams - Microsoft Community

Looking forward to your response. I will continue to assist you based on the information you provide. Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 53 Applies to: