Cannot use the custom audio setup in MS Teams after updating to windows 11

Hi,

I cannot use the custom setup in MS Teams after updating to windows 11. If I select my ProBook microphone as an input device with a Bluetooth headset as an output device I do not hear anything. This was not an issue before the win 11 update.

Hi Zamostni,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft community.

Based on your description, please Make a test call under Teams Settings > Devices to diagnose the problem (if any).

And according to my research, per some user's experience, using the microphone and speaker on the identical Bluetooth headphones somehow works the issue out. However, it reduces quality. You may give a try if you don't mind. 

Hope it helps! If any update, welcome to share with us.

Thanks & Stay safe,

Qian

---------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The problem is I need to use only speakers from BT device and not Mic - what you described works, but the "custom setup" doesn't.

Best Regards

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Having just done some testing (I use Nvidia Broadcast to help with noise issues) This only seems to affect Bluetooth custom audio setups. I can create a custom setup with Nvidia Broadcast as the Mic and another audio device as the speakers, however like you I cannot find a way to get the Bluetooth headset to be part of the mix. Looks like some broken part of the Bluetooth stack in 11 (even a completely fresh install of 11 has the same issues).

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you haven't found it already, the following post shows a workaround that worked for me (basically disabling the handsfree element of the Bluetooth headset fixes the issue leaving only the 'music' part, this allows for teams custom device config but you do lose the handsfree for other software than teams)

Fix for bluetooth headphones or speaker using hands-free audio when - Microsoft Community

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2023 Views 748 Applies to: