Cannot generate Shifts Schedule for Teams as Owner

Hi,

I have problem creating a shifts schedule in Microsoft Teams as a team owner.

It's the same issue as discussed in these two threads, and the issue seems to be still not fixed.

1.  "Cannot generate Shifts Schedule for Team as Owner"
  2. "Cannot generate Shifts Schedule for Team as Owner"

I am using Microsoft Teams version 1.3.00.19173, which I believe is the latest version.

I double checked the previous post and confirmed I am the team owner but not the admin (nothing I can set in "Microsoft Teams admin center")

Reproduction steps:

Step 1: Follow the official youtube video, and results in an error saying I am not the Team owner when I am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzlU9LQ1io

Sincerely,
Bill

Answer
Answer

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting detailed information about your scenario, to figure out what caused this issue, we need to troubleshooting via several methods, then we could narrow down scope of the issue to find solution, based on your scenario, to check if the issue is related to Teams client, please go to Teams Web App to do a test, and view if same error appears. And if you are changed to be owner recently, the change may take some time to take effect, please wait for a while to test again and view if it is better.

If only Teams client has such problem, maybe corrupted cached files in Teams caused this kind of problem, I recommend you could follow below steps to clear them, and view if outcome is different.

Clear Teams cache files.

a. Exit Teams.

b. Go to File Explorer, paste “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams” in location box and press Enter key.

c. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage” location.

d. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache” location.

e. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases” location.

f. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache” location.

g. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB” location.

h. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage” location.

i. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp” location.

j. Restart Teams and login your account.

If the issue also occurs in Teams Web App or above method doesn't resolve issue in Teams client, in order to further understand your actual scenario, please offer me more details like below:

1. If you create a new team, then create a shift for it, does the issue occur?

2. If there is another team owner in the problematic Shifts, can it create the Shifts schedule? If it can, you may also try its Teams to test and check the outcome.

3. Due to limit of certain policy, I cannot view the video. Could you please help capture screenshots about your operation steps and the problem? Thanks.

Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2021 Views 403 Applies to: