Canceling Teams Essentials subscription made by an individual

I signed up for Teams Essentials on 3/16/24. Finding it was not needed, I wanted to cancel the subscription. To my surprise, it was not listed under my Microsoft subscription (Home).

After finding it belonged to MSFT Business, I tried to create an account with Business via Microsoft 365 Admin Center but was rejected for the reason I was neither from a company nor a school. I also exhausted (online and phone) the ways to reach the right Microsoft Help.

I would appreciate receiving an instruction as to how to reach the right Microsoft section so that I can cancel my subscription.

|

Hi Yoshiko, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Furkaan, a user just like you. I’d be happy to help you with your concerns. If you are still within the 30 days follow the process to cancel your subscription: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/account-billing/cancel-your-microsoft-subscription-c2c6b0e3-cab3-cb98-d83e-c9ad54620530 Go to account.microsoft.com and ensure that recurring billing is switched off. Locate the subscription and select the cancel option. If the you are eligible for a refund, you will be informed by the window that pops up after selecting the cancellation option. Refunds will normally be returned within 3 - 5 business days. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Furkaan,

I very much appreciate your prompt response. Before going forward, I need to ask you to be a little patient with me because I need to ask you a clarification. I am a computer dummy senior.

You said “If you are still within the 30 days follow the process to cancel…” I have not yet been able to start the cancelation process… because I can’t locate the right Microsoft section/Help to request my cancelation.

The facts are: 1) I paid $51.17 ($48 and  $3.17 tax) on 3/16/24 to sign up for Teams Essentials, 2) I had then and have now one Microsoft subscription, 365 Family in Home category, 3) my 3/16/24 subscription of Teams Essentials is not listed in my Microsoft Home Subscription, 4) on 5/1/24 I tried to sign up with Microsoft Business, but was rejected because I was affiliated with neither a business nor a school, 5) I searched Google extensively but failed to locate the right Microsoft Help to request the subscription cancellation, and 6) I communicated twice with the Microsoft phone help at Seattle, but couldn’t go through the bot to reach a human agent.

What I need is the contact info of the right Microsoft Help to cancel my subscription of Teams Essential where apparently I don't have an account.

Thank you for your help,

Yoshiko P.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Yoshiko, I regret to inform you that I don't have further troubleshooting steps to offer. I trust that other knowledgeable users on the forum may provide additional insight into your issue and that this helps you reach a positive outcome. Thank you, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Furkaan,

I thank you for trying to help me.

Yoshiko P.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Yoshiko, I am sorry I couldn’t find a suitable solution. I trust that other knowledgeable users on the forum may provide additional insight into your issue and that this helps you reach a positive outcome. Best regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, yes, Teams Essentials is a Commerical/business product. You do need to cancel it via Admin Center https://admin.microsoft.com  But you cannot use your personal Microsoft account to access admin center.

When you signed up for Teams Essentials, you should have created a business user, it is either your own business domain, or you could have opted to use the domain provided by Microsoft that is in this format: username @ business.onmicrosoft.com, where username and business name were defined by you then. Does that ring a bell? Go back to any confirmation email you have received, and see if the username was referenced in that email.

North America Central Time Zone

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear EmilyS_726,

After reading your explanation, I looked closely at the only notice I received from Microsoft relating to my Teams Essentials signup. It was entitled “Your Microsoft order on March 16, 2024”, an order confirmation.

What I noted were:

1. Re “Your Microsoft order on March 16, 2024” email

a) “From” was Microsoft <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>.

Isn’t “no reply” for an order confirmation unusual?

b) “To” was plain my Yahoo.fr email address already taken for the 365 Family’s Home subscription.

Indicating I have no business account

c) Blue button “Go to Microsoft 365 admin center >”

Leading to its login page

All login attempts with a variety of usernames failed.

Including username @ business.onmicrosoft.com

d) “Cloud” designation for $51.17 payment

e) No indication of the $51.17 being the annual recurring fee

f) No indication of the payment method

$51.17 was paid by my Chase Bank VISA on 3/16/24.

Payee: Microsoft #G042140086 MSBILL.Info WA

2. Neither an invoice nor the terms of services received

At present, I have no idea where in the Microsoft organization my payment of $51.17 on 3/16/24 is credited to.  Also, since I never actually used, I don’t know if my Teams Essentials works.

At the beginning, I thought it was a simple subscription cancellation. But, it turned out to be a bottomless pursuit wasting time of even the Microsoft Community members.

It’s overdue for me to stop trying to do the right thing. Accordingly, I decided to do nothing now and reject the next annual fee charge on 3/16/25.

I thank you and Furkaan for coming forward to help me. Also, I appreciate the Microsoft Community for its active role in facilitating problem solving for billions of Microsoft product users.

Best regards,

Yoshiko P.  

After r

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry you couldn't get in still. You can also contact business support to have them look into your account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/global-customer-service-phone-numbers-c0389ade-5640-e588-8b0e-28de8afeb3f2 

North America Central Time Zone

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you SallyS_726 for the additional info. I'll try it.

Yoshiko P.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I am an Independent Advisor, trying to help other users in the Community with my experience in Microsoft products. Please note that I am a user like you and don't work directly for Microsoft. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and I hope the following suggestion will work in your case. You can request a call back from Microsoft Support by using this link: https://vsa.services.microsoft.com/en-gb/v1.0/?partnerid=8520E38F-0A89-49CC-80ED-5E40DA61C206&product=office&issue=Billing-CancelSubscription&authtype=msa&modality=callback When you receive a call, they will check your account and advise you accordingly. Please let me know if that helped. Regards Casper

Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 46 Applies to: