Camera and speaker issues with Macbook and external LG Ultrafine 5K Thunderbolt display

I am using a MacBook Pro 13 with LG Ultrafine 5K Thunderbolt display from Apple with integrated camera and microphone. Teams always looses the camera, speakers of the external monitor after a few minutes of teams video chat and switches to the internal MacBook camera and speaker. In team settings, the external camera and speakers are then not visible anymore. We are using teams since months and I could never get rid of this problem.

Answer
Answer

Hi Peter_419,

Thank you for your update. We are highly appreciated your detailed information reply in our forum community.

As per your mentioned reply, when you have connected an external compatible device (i.e. Logitech webcam with microphone), then Teams is working with this external compatible device without any issue. So, it should be the cause for another external device for Teams. Because, for using best experience of Teams features, the compatible, certified and qualified devices are required.

Further, we would like to share some information article for using Teams application. So, please refer to this detailed information articles:

1. Hardware requirements for Teams on a Mac

2. How Microsoft Teams uses memory

If you need any further help, kindly feel free to contact us. We are highly appreciating your cooperation in our forum community.

Regards,

Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 3,882 Applies to: