Apparently release 1903 for Word 2019/365 removed access to the
classic FileNew dialog for some users.
- The command i in the Keyboard Shortcut customization dialog will crash Word.
- The command in the QAT customization dialog will crash Word.
- The vba command
will crash Word.
UserVoice request on this is
here. Please vote and comment.
File New Variations in the Versions of Word
Reports of this problem in these threads:
- June 10 - Office 365 Home
- June 10 - Office 365 ProPlus 1903 Build 11425.20204
- June 10 - Office 365
- June 11 - Office 365
- December 6 - Office 365 - Version 1905.
This is not affecting everyone. See responses by MVPs Doug Robbins and Stefan Blom, neither of whom are seeing the problem.
Just tested on a separate computer using same Office 365 subscription and same build/release.
The vba command did not crash Word.
Not crashing - Office 365 Version 1908.