Microsoft Word /Office Home and Student 2007 is not configured for Windows 7.

Microsoft Word /Office Home and Student 2007 is not configured for Windows 7.   Is there an update patch I can download to fix this configuration problem?  I get two things happening when I open Word or Excel 2007:  first I get the Account Control Window asking if I want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer.  Then I get a delay in the program opening while Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 configures itself for Windows 7.  I just want to be able to open Word and Excel and use them without all this delay.  thank you.  JT,   
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with opening Word and Excel applications.

To resolve the issue, let us check if Excel and Word are running in Compatible Mode or as an Administrator. To do so do the following:

1. Go to the location C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office 12\

(If you are using a 64bit machine, then you would have to go to C:\Program files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12)

2. Right click on the applications having issue with (Winword.exe or Excel.exe) and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. Check if you have any check mark in any of the compatibility mode options. Make sure you also click on the option ‘change settings for all users’ tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.

3. Uncheck ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and ‘Run this program as an administrator’.

4. If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click on Apply and OK.

5. Try to open Word and Excel now and check.

If issue still persists, you may run the ‘Fix it’ from the following article to remove all Office components, after which reinstall Office 2007.

Refer 'Method 2: Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 suites with Microsoft Fix it'

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/

Note: Make sure you have the installation disc and the product key to reinstall Office 2007.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance, you may reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 925 Applies to: