HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Text Converters Registry key not deleted while uninstalling MS Office 2013 on Windows 2012 R2 OS ?

Hello,

My Add-in plugin will only be installed if it finds that Microsoft Office is present on the system. For that purpose, it checks registry keys which are being created with the installation of Microsoft Office. When I uninstalled "Microsoft Office 2013" on "Windows 2012 R2 Server" OS and tried installing my plugin, It still installs because it finds a registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Text Converters" which has not got deleted during uninstallation of MS Office 2013.

This is an intermittent behaviour, sometimes this registry entry is deleted on uninstallation and sometimes it does not.

Is there any specific reason to keep this registry key even if office is uninstalled? Also, why am I seeing this inconsistent behaviour of registry deletion?

Please help!

Hi,

Due to the complexity of the issue with Office 2013 in Windows 2012 R2 Server, we suggest that you post your concern at our Office TechNet Forums.

Regards.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 4,280 Applies to: