What affects the image is pasted as "Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile)"

Someone designed a registration form by Word 2010, and I want to converted it into a image.

I use the "Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" function,

the result is the contents were shifted, and some of the contents are missing (near the edges).

Is there any settings of the doc can avoid this happen?

Thx

Hi,

I would need more information to assist you.

Provide us the screenshot of the issue on what exactly is not displayed when the image is pasted as Picture (Enhanced Metafile).

From your description, it looks like you want to convert or save the registration form as image. If that is correct, then print the image to Microsoft XPS Document Writer and check if it helps.

Click File, go to Print and click the drop down and choose the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.

Provide us the necessary information and hope the suggestions provided helps.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thx for your reply.

I can't upload the images since it's my company's material and it's not easy to mark another form like that one.

I found out that, the missing contents may affect by the margins setting.

But the shifting problem still not solve. I try to describe it below.

Original contents

Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234

Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234

Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234 Hello World 1234                   -End-

Pasted as Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

Hello   World 1234  Hello  World  1234  Hello  World  1234 Hello  World

1234   Hello   World   1234   Hello   World   1234    Hello   World   1234 

Hello   World  1234   Hello   World  1234  Hello  World 1234 Hello World

1234                   -End-

About your suggestion, the contents in output file is perfect, but I want a ".png" file.

Is there any ways I can save as a png, not xps?

Thx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Instead of paste special, try using Insert tab > Illustrations group > Screenshot drop down button > Screen Clipping command. This will allow you to select the area of the screen you want to capture as an image

Office 2010 has added basic screen capture functionality. It will allow you to capture full application windows. There is supposed to be screen clipping, but I couldn’t get it to work. You can use any of the commands on the conditional Picture Tools Format tab to modify the image. You can use WordArt to add text/labels to the screen caps and Insert tab / Illustrations group / Shapes to all lines and pointers. This process isn’t quite as easy as I’ve seen in dedicated apps, but usable if you don’t have a separate screen capture app.

http://www.worldstart.com/using-windows-snipping-tool-with-word/print/

In Windows 7, when using the Snipping tool, (one of the greatest features of Win 7), I can copy the snippet OK and place it in MS Word, but I cannot place the object right or center nor can I text wrap around the object. Any ideas?

Posted By Kevin On January 10, 2011

Back in the days before the introduction of Windows 7 and Vista, if you wanted to take a picture of your screen, and then insert it into a Word 2007 document, you would have to jump through a gamut of virtual hoops. Usually the process would go something like this: Press the Print Screen key, open Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or a similar image editor, paste your image into said image editor, crop and/or re-size as needed, export image from image editor to a Word friendly format, and finally paste into Word; at which point an adventure in proper image alignment would promptly begin. Thanks to Microsoft’s recently introduced Snipping tool however, creating a screen capture for import into Word (or any other word processor for that matter) has become a much easier task to undertake.

One of the newest features to be introduced by Microsoft into their Windows operating system in the past few years, the Snipping tool provides a simple interface with which to capture, and save screen shots in Windows 7. Best of all, it adds a feature which allows you to draw an outline around only the parts of your screen which you wish to capture; eliminating the need to crop your screen shot in a third party image editing program prior to saving/exporting it into Word, as was required in past versions of Windows.

Simply turn on the Snipping tool in your Start menu, drag your mouse to draw a box around the part of the screen you wish to capture, and the Snipping tool will process your screen shot and present you with a preview window showing your latest capture. It’s at this point where, for some, the aforementioned “adventure in image alignment” of your Snipping tool screen capture within Microsoft Word begins.

As Word 2007 has a somewhat complicated user interface, especially for those whom have just recently migrated from using earlier versions of Word, or another word processor such as Open Office, lining up an image in your .docx document can seem to be quite the daunting task. However, simply follow these steps and you will become a Word screen capture alignment pro in no time!

Step 1. Perform your screen capture with the Snipping tool as normal. When the Snipping tool screen capture preview window appears, click the “Save Snip” button and save your screen capture Snippet somewhere safe and easy to remember (i.e. your Desktop.)

While you could simply “copy” the screen shot Snippet to your clipboard, if something goes wrong (i.e. you mistakenly “copy” something else, or your system freezes) you will lose your screen capture Snippet, and will have to recreate your screen shot using the Snipping tool all over again. Saving your screen capture Snippet will allow you to avoid having to re-do everything in the event a problem arises.

Step 1-1. For maximum compatibility, choose to save your screen capture Snippet as a .JPG file in the Save as Type drop down menu when saving your file.

Step 2. Open the Word document which your screen capture Snippet will be inserted into.

Step 3. Drag and drop your screen capture Snippet into your Word document, at approximately the position where you would like it to be displayed.

Typically your screen capture Snippet will displace your text in ways you do not want, and may actually appear somewhere completely different from where you were hoping to drop it. If this happens, simply drag (again) your screen capture Snippet as near as possible to where you would like to display it.

Step 4. Once your screen capture Snippet is near its intended position, mouse over your image and right click it to bring up the Word image options context menu.

Step 5. In the Word image option context menu, mouse over “Text Wrapping.” In the fly out menu which appears, select “Square.” You will see your screen capture Snippet re-align itself so that text now wraps (or “flows”) around it.

Step 6. Now that the text is wrapping around your screen capture Snippet, you may want to re-align your image so that the text wraps in a different direction (to the right, left, center, etc.) To do so, left click your image once and select the Format tab from the top menu.

Step 7. Click the Align icon, and select the alignment type (Left, Right, Center, Top, Bottom, or Middle) which you would like to use. The position of your screen capture Snippet will change accordingly.

Once you have found the proper wrapping and alignment options for your screen capture Snippet, you are ready to save your document and celebrate your new found screen capture Snippet alignment knowledge. Enjoy!

~J. Conboy

http://news.office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=967&z=0

A simple way to copy a screen image to your Office 2010 document.

Office 2010 will have a simple way to paste an image from any open program window into a document or email.

On the Insert tab of Office 2010 programs there’s a new Screenshot option, click on that to display a gallery of the open program windows.

Office 2010 - Screen Clipping gallery

If none of the gallery items suits you click on Screen Clipping at the bottom. The Office app window minimizes and you can choose a screen area.

Whichever way you choose, the screen shot is pasted into your document as an image. Then you can move, copy, caption or edit the image just like any other picture in your document.

Office 2010 integrates taking ‘screen shots’ into

• Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • Outlook in email editor

This will be a boon for technical writers and sundry tech geeks. But regular people have a good use for it too.

If you’re asking for technical help there’s often the problem of accurately describing what you are seeing on the screen. Outlook 2010 has screen clipping available in the email editor so you can write a support question complete with snapshots of what you are seeing (error messages etc).

Office 2010 screen clipping doesn’t cover all situations. It can only grab images of static windows; you can’t get an image of a right-click menu or even a pull-down list or gallery from the Office 2007/2010 ribbon. In other words, Office 2010 screenshot does the basics but it’s no replacement for a more powerful tool like Snagit.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2011/11/21/capturing-images-from-a-microsoft-word-2007-2010-document.aspx

21 Nov 2011 2:10 AM

Here is a neat trick that I just used to copy images from a Microsoft Word 2007/2010 *.docx document.

I was given a Word document of a blog article to be posted on the blog. To get the text into the blog post editor (without extra html) is easy.... Just cut & paste into Notepad.exe and then cut & paste the plain text from Notepad.exe into the editor window. A little editing to add some formatting back and the text is done.

Now I needed to get the images from the Word document into the blog post editor. The editor needs the images saved as files which can be loaded.

I was about to right click on each image and copy it to the clipboard, then paste the image into my favourite image editor program (PolyView) and save the files. But then I had an idea and though I would give it a try.

All the new OpenDocument formats (docx, xlsx, pptx, etc.) are actually zip archive files in disguise.  So I renamed the docx to zip and opened the archive with WinZip. A quick look around the folder structure and the image files were located: filename.zip / Word / Media / *.png

I then copied the image files from the archive to my desktop and they were ready for me to browse to and insert from the blog post editor.

• Last step was to rename the zip file back to docx.
  • Voila!!! All done.
  • David

Note: It is easier to rename the extension of files when folder option “Hide extensions for known file types” is unchecked.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/ms-office-tips/use-the-snagit-add-in-with-microsoft-office

Snagit is one of the world’s leading and most reviewed screenshot applications. Many tech and non-tech users like this program because it’s so easy to use, it has lots of practical tools, and its output images are top-notch.

Upon installing Snagit (on 9.1.3 and later versions), the program will let you choose whether or not you want it to be integrated with Microsoft Office. If you’re always grabbing screenshots and pasting them manually to MS Word or PowerPoint, it’s better if you enable the integration.

This way, you don’t have to constantly shift between two programs in order to capture and paste screenshots. You also don’t have to open and run Snagit if you capture screenshots using MS Office programs — a great convenience for you.

To use the Snagit tool, just open any Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 programs. For this illustration, we will use PowerPoint.

Click the Add-Ins menu and press Snagit (as shown below).

If this is your first time using the application, you’ll be presented with this confirmation window. Click OK to proceed.

If you don’t want to see this window again the next time you’ll access the Snagit add-in, just uncheck the Show tip again checkbox.

After this, you can now capture any window or screen-part you want. The process of grabbing a screenshot is still the same. The red box will still appear.

For example, we would like to capture this webpage part. Just place the red box within this section and let Snagit grab it.

After capturing, the program will automatically paste the output image to your PowerPoint page — it’s that easy. This method saves you both time and computer memory resources because you don’t have to open the Snagit software itself.

Instead of going through several steps of getting several screenshots and manually pasting / inserting them to your PowerPoint presentation, you can do it with more convenience using this technique.

You can also apply this process in Microsoft Word and Excel.

If you want to access, update, and / or delete the integration between Snagit and Microsoft Office, go to the former’s Tools menu.

Next, click Snagit Accessories.

In the Accessories Manager window, you can update and / or remove Excel, Word, and PowerPoint’s assimilation to Snagit.

To decrease the chances of program crashes and improve the capturing performance of Microsoft Office, you should update all accessories to their latest versions by clicking the Update Now button.

http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-powerpoint/archive/2010/04/27/powerpoint-2010-insert-screenshot.aspx

by PowerPoint Team                       on April 27

Part of our work in PowerPoint 2010 makes the process of adding and editing images easier. Many of your pictures come from your camera or the internet. Another common source is your computer screen. Taking a screenshot and pasting it into the application can be tedious, because in most cases you really only want to show a portion of the screen.

For Office 2010, we decided do something about it.

Introducing the Insert Screenshot tool. With just a couple clicks, you can insert a picture of any window, or you can take a screen clipping by dragging a marquee around the desired area. PowerPoint will then automatically place the image onto your slide:

Since the screenshot is really just a picture once it’s in PowerPoint, you can add shapes and annotations on top of it. You can even apply photo styles, corrections, and artistic effects. In this case a drop shadow is applied so that the picture appears to be floating above the slide:

You can also use the “Screen Clipping” button at the bottom of the Insert Screenshot drop-down to select any portion of the visible screen and convert that to a picture.  For example, here is a screenshot of my Windows 7 taskbar:

The goal of this feature is to save you some time. It’s also available in other apps like Word and Excel. For those of you who didn’t previously know how to take a screenshot, now you have a simple solution. Enjoy!

http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-powerpoint/archive/2012/03/26/powerpoint-2010-remove-background.aspx

by PowerPoint Team       on March 26

(Note: We first published this post in 2010, but since then so many of you have looked it up that we thought we’d share it with you again.)

As we noted in the last post about inserting a screenshot, a lot of the work for Office 2010 has been about improving workflow for image insertion and editing.

I’m going to show you how to use the new Remove Background tool on pictures to make a slide like this:

The Remove Background button will isolate the foreground object in an image and remove the background elements. Here’s the original image of my skateboard:

If you click the “Remove Background” button on the Picture Tools Format tab, you’ll enter the Background Removal contextual tab:

You’ll also see that PowerPoint makes an initial guess about what to remove. In many cases this will be the end of the story, so you can just click “Keep Changes” and move on:

This all depends on the characteristics of the picture and which object you are trying to isolate. When the guess is incorrect, there are a couple of quick steps you can take to get the result you want. First, drag the rectangle to fit around the object you want:

Then, click the “Mark Areas to Remove” button and draw lines over the unwanted areas, such as the wood floor. If part of the object you want is under the purple mask, then use the “Mark Areas to Keep” to make sure they aren’t removed accidentally:

In a couple minutes you’ll have just the areas you want, and everything else in the image will become transparent. As a final step, you may wish to use the crop tool to remove transparent areas so that the bounding box fits tightly around the object. Since it’s just a picture, you can apply effects, rotation, and scale just as you would to any other picture in PowerPoint (notice how the shadows project only from the isolated skateboards):

This is a very powerful tool that opens the doors to a whole new realm of creativity. You’ll be pleased to find it in other Office apps such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Have fun.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/accessories/addins.asp#MSWord

Snagit’s toolbar add-ins let you capture the screen from within many of the programs you use daily – without ever leaving the program or launching Snagit. Add-ins are available for most of the Microsoft Office programs, Adobe FrameMaker, and Firefox.

With the exception of the Firefox Extension, the add-ins are built into Snagit. They are automatically installed along with Snagit, unless you specify otherwise during the installation process.

30 day trial download available.

Snagit and Microsoft PowerPoint

Create dynamic presentations using Snagit’s PowerPoint add-in. From PowerPoint’s toolbar, you can use Snagit to:

• Embed Flash videos and play them directly inside your presentation slides. No more waiting for videos to download.
  • Include interactive captures in your slides. Hover over an image or diagram to reveal extra detail or explanatory text.
  • Capture a Web page with all of the embedded links intact. Then, click a link to go directly online from your presentation.

And Snagit can automatically fill a whole slide with a capture, eliminating the hassle of manually sizing the image to fit.

Snagit and Microsoft Excel

Snagit’s add-in for Excel lets you instantly capture logos, charts, graphs, text, and much more, and add them to your spreadsheets.

• Capture charts, graphs, or data that couldn’t otherwise be copied from PDFs, Web analytics software, or sales tracking tools.
  • Capture text and automatically place it in the appropriate rows and columns – no import wizard required.

Snagit and Microsoft Internet Explorer

Use Snagit’s Add-in for Internet Explorer to capture and share anything you find online — images, graphics, logos, or Web pages:

• Capture a product description or image from an online store.
  • Capture a working Web page prototype, with links completely intact, to share with your design team.
  • Capture an article that scrolls beyond the viewable onscreen area, and save it as a PDF file for easy retrieval later.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2023 Views 4,195 Applies to: