How do I mail merge a 2 sided postcard?

I saw the post/question about doing a mail merge for a postcard.  However,  I am creating a postcard that has a name and property address on one side with some verbiage, and then the name and mailing address on the other side.

I did the labels mail merge set up, but that only seems to work for one side.  I'm using MS Office 2010 and 4up postcards.  

Use the Duplex Merge facility on my Merge Tools Add-in that is contained in the MERGE TOOLS ADD-IN.zip file that you can download from the following page of my One Drive:

http://bit.ly/1hduSCB

Extract the files from the archive and read the:

“READ ME – Setting up and using the Merge Tools Add-in.pdf

to see how to install and use the various tools.  Also read the document - Using the Duplex Merge Facility to see how you must set up the mail merge main document.

Using those tools, it is possible to perform the following types of merge that cannot be done with Mail Merge “out-of-the-box”:

Merge to e-mail messages either with or without attachments, with the documents created by the merge being sent as either Word or PDF attachments or as the body of the e-mail message.

Merge to individual documents in either Word or PDF format with the filenames being supplied by the data in one of the fields in the data source

Many to One type merges, which can be used for creating documents such as invoices where there are multiple records in the data source that have common data in one of the fields

Merging to a document that will include a chart that is unique to each record in the data source

Merging a document with Content Controls

Merging a document that contains Legacy FormFields

Duplex Merges

Merging to a printer that will collate and staple the output created from each record in the data source.

The requirements for using the system are:

The mail merge main document must be of the Letters type, though that does not mean that the output cannot be sent as an e-mail message where relevant.

For the Many To One, Merge with Attachments and Merge to Individual Docs utilities, the data source may be either a table or query in an Access database, or in the form of an Excel worksheet and that worksheet must be the first sheet in the Excel workbook. If the data is on some other sheet, you can easily move that sheet so that it is the first sheet in the workbook by clicking on the sheet tab and dragging it to the left.  For the Chart Merge utility, see the Mail Merging with Charts document that is included in the Merge Tools Add-in Zip file for additional requirements for the data source for use with that utility

For a data source in the form of an Excel worksheet, the field names must be in the first row of the worksheet and there must be a field name in all of the cells in that row that are within the range of columns that contain the data.

For both types of data source, the field names must contain only alphanumeric characters (No @,#,$,%,&,(,), etc) and the field names must not start with a numeric character (0-9). The number of characters in the field names, including spaces, must not be more than 40.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

@Doug Robbins 

So when I start a mail merge using the labels type, Word says I have to delete all of my text in order to do that.  I must be missing something, because I've set up the 4up postcars with data in the "4" quadrants, and on page 2 I have lines for an address and stamp and my return address.  

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Send me a copy of the files so that I can see exactly what you have set up.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2024 Views 1,412 Applies to: