Word 2016 crashes when switching language input between Thai and English.

Hi,

I have issue with Word 2016 when switching input language between Eng and Thai language. It happens on 2 machines:

Case 1: Windows 10 pro + Office 2016 + Thai language proof running on Parallels in Mac

Simply install clean Windows 10 pro and followed by office 2016 installation then add Thai language proof on Parallels in Macbook. No other software installed at all. Notice that if start with a new word document then I do not see any problem (at least so far). But when I open a 9 MB word document file created from word 2013 and just hit grave accent button to switch language then word crashes. However, opening the same document on word 2013 on running Widnows 10 & Windows 8.1 does not have any issue at all.

Case 2: Windows 8.1 pro + Uninstall Office 2013 + Install Office 2016 + Thai language proof running on Dell notebook (no VM)

Exact same issue as case 1Try word in safe mode still does not help.

Any suggestion, please?

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2019 Views 2,198 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

This issue may occur if you have other language packs installed on your system. So, I would suggest you to uninstall other versions of Office language packs if they are not uninstalled and check the results.

If the issue still occurs, you can post your event viewer log files and we can check. Please check the below article and post us the log files:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Office.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

But that would not make any sense if I cannot install Thai language prove which is provided by Microsoft as a part of Office add-on (It popped up in MS Word when it tried to identify whether what I type in is correct or not). It sounds like you are telling me that MS office add-on breaks its own MS office software?

By the way, I didn't install the complete list of language pack, just installed the language proofing tool.

Here is the link to the event viewer log file:

http://1drv.ms/1QFmgLB

Thanks,

Pod

Sorry this didn't help.

I experienced this case too. But my case is running on Windows 7 Ultimate, installing office 365 upgrade from office 2013 to office 2016 via Microsoft office 365 account page.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just for reference, more users are reporting similar issues:

Word 2016 Crashes when using Bengali typing input

Word 2016 (365) crashes at language switching

Sorry this didn't help.