When moving word 2013 window it drags/lags behind the mouse.

When i move the window it has this weird lag. When i move my mouse it does move but has a clear lag behind it. This isn't so bad because nothing else lags and i can write just fine, but its still annoying if i need to move the window.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 40,451 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Ok, I searched reddit and found this and IT WORKED. I suggest people trying it!

"I do believe it has to do with the mouse and the USB polling frequency.

With a Logitech MX518 with 125Hz I had no problems whatsoever. Ever since I switched to a Logitech G502 with 1000Hz these Office applications started to lag when dragging. You can reproduce this by changing the mouse frequency in the mouse drivers from e.g. 1000Hz to 125Hz. The option is called "Report Rate" in the Logitech Gaming Software. Dunno about other vendor's mouse drivers.

In the end I think it's probably a f*ckup between the high polling frequency of the mouse and therefore high update rate of the cursor and Windows' GUI VSync as well as Excel/Word refreshing the content of the window.

*edit* Since I also have a 120Hz monitor I'm not sure if this is also a factor to consider.

*edit2* Refreshrate of the monitor does NOT matter. So it's solely the high USB polling rate that's causing this."

202 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.