Mendeley cite missing in office word 365

after I have added the Mendeley Add in, the icon of cite with Mendeley did not appear. Even I restared the surface multiple time. Please advise me how should I correct this one. 

Answer
Answer

Hi TulayaDissaneewate,

Do you mean the Mendeley Cite icon won't appear whatever you follow the sign in instruction on the below of Word screen or try the steps to add the Mendeley Cite via Office store?

Per your description and my searching, I would like to suggest you refer to this article: What can I do if I'm having issues with the Word Plugin?

Besides, I also find the alert in the site page said that Word plugin for Mendeley doesn't support the Office 365 click-to-run version of Word. Actually, Microsoft doesn't support third-party add-ins.

From my personal view, I'm thinking that whether this add-in is not compatible with current Word application you are using or say this add-in didn't guarantee working normally in all Office 365 click-to-run version of Word applications.

Therefore, you may need to ask for Mendeley support to at least cancel the steps of making the Mendeley plugin appear as in Word 2016. Then you can try to reinstall this add-in to see the outcomes.

Disclaimer:Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

Best Regards,

Hugo

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi TulayaDissaneewate,

Do you mean the Mendeley Cite Add-in's icon didn't appear on the References tab in Word?

I've tested on my side, unfortunately I cannot encounter the same issue as you.

Per the first picture provided in the title, it seems the add-in is prompting you to sign in. Therefore, if you click on it and follow the instruction to sign in, will the icon appear on the References tab?

Besides, could you tell me how did you add the Mendeley Cite Add-in? My test steps to add it is via clicking Insert -> Get Add-ins -> Input "Mendeley Cite" to the Search box -> Add, wait for a moment and the icon appears on the References tab automatically. Will the Mendeley Cite Add in icon appear on your side if you try the steps above?

If the issue persists, could you provide your Word version and Update channel (File -> Account screen)? I can do more tests on my side.

Best Regards,

Hugo

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 9,702 Applies to: