Office 2019

I am added as another user in Windows 10. My husband is the main account. Office 2019 is installed on this computer. Initially I was able to use Word 2019 through my account. I created a document which I cannot access now. Word does not open nor does Excel or PP. Not sure why. Any help will be appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have been able to access it several months on my own login. why now?

MS is constantly making what they call "improvements", not that users always agree.

One of my issues is that they often test these changes on the general public, without tell us what they have done.  For example, 2 people in the same office may not see the same features because of secret MS testing / changes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. Tried that. Same result. None of the Office apps (Word, Excel, PP) opens.

Are your Windows accounts set up to use your email addresses to log in?  That would automagically log you in to Office 365/2019 at the same time. 

If you use a non MS email account ID to log in to the "local" windows account you have to separately log in to Office.

Which type of Windows account are you using?

If Rosyln is using an email account to log in to Windows, create a test Windows local account to see if you can access Office applications while using it.  If you can't start the browser and log in with your, Devadasan, email to view your outlook.com email. Then try to start the office application(s) again. It appears that Windows shares the sign in information between browsers and Office apps.

https://www.infopackets.com/news/9650/how-disable-windows-10-email-login

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I, (Devadasan), am replying on behalf of Roslyn. I created a local user without MS account or email. Voila! That worked. I am able to open the Office 2019 apps from that local user. You are right. Windows must be sharing the sign-in information which probably created the issue.

Thanks everyone for your patient and timely help. Appreciate all your assistance in sorting out this issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 23, 2020 Views 69 Applies to: