Is a company called "Softwarenut.com" real? Also, question about old HUP license transfer to a new computer.

Softwarenut.com that sells Microsoft software, are they legit or are they fraud. Apparently they are in Pacific Time Zone, but will not offer any other information. Thank you. They claim they offer purchase price for software cheap, because it is a one time purchase, like the old days, where in order to buy an upgrade when new products are out, then one would have to pay full price for new release. I was hunting for Office Professional, but NOT the subscription, just the full version for that year or release. When I Googled it, this site came up. Thanks for your time... just wanted to make sure it was legit.
|
Hi Gerry,

The site is real, but if they are selling software for well below the price in the Microsoft store it means they are selling volume or OEM licenses illegally.
Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]
Outlook Resources: https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

** I don't work for Microsoft.**
** DO NOT CALL phone numbers received in email notifications.**

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I replaced my old failing laptop and was wondering if I can transfer my HUP purchase MS 2013 Office Professional to my new laptop.  I don't have a disk but I do have the Key Code.  Thanks Gerry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I replaced my old failing laptop and was wondering if I can transfer my HUP purchase MS 2013 Office Professional to my new laptop.  I don't have a disk but I do have the Key Code.  Thanks Gerry

In the future when you have a new question, please start a new thread. You'll get more responses and help others using the site.

For the HUP program, this is linked to your employer and the employer's email system. You likely will need the original emails. You can talk to your employer's HR or IT departments for help, I would hope.

The current HUP program is only a discount on Microsoft 365 rather than a perpetual license like Office 2013.

Volunteering to "pay forward" to return help I've received in the Microsoft user community.]

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal website: http://addbalance.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2021 Views 389 Applies to: