Word: relative hyperlinks.

I am writing documentation using Word 2007 (12.0.6514.5001) SP1 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) and saving as mht files.  I want to hyperlink to local files in the same directory and leave the links as just the local file names, not having the full path to the file.  I want to do this to make the documentation portable.  I cannot figure out how to do it.  I searched & found reference to the hyperlink base but cannot figure out how to change it in my version of word.  I did change the "web options\file names & locations\ use long file names... & update links on save" settings to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

John

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2018 Views 7,549 Applies to:
Answer

See the following Knowledge Base Article "How to create absolute hyperlinks and relative hyperlinks in Word documents" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903163

-- Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Posted via the NNTP Bridge

"JohnB." wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

I am writing documentation using Word 2007 (12.0.6514.5001) SP1 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) and saving as mht files.  I want to hyperlink to local files in the same directory and leave the links as just the local file names, not having the full path to the file.  I want to do this to make the documentation portable.  I cannot figure out how to do it.  I searched & found reference to the hyperlink base but cannot figure out how to change it in my version of word.  I did change the "web options\file names & locations\ use long file names... & update links on save" settings to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

John

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS VISIBLE FOR A REASON
OneDrive Link for documents to be recovered
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1a8nP3RpgnYHp-5zXK

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.