Question

Q: Word: relative hyperlinks.

I am writing documentation using Word 2007 (12.0.6514.5001) SP1 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) and saving as mht files.  I want to hyperlink to local files in the same directory and leave the links as just the local file names, not having the full path to the file.  I want to do this to make the documentation portable.  I cannot figure out how to do it.  I searched & found reference to the hyperlink base but cannot figure out how to change it in my version of word.  I did change the "web options\file names & locations\ use long file names... & update links on save" settings to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

John

Answer

A:

See the following Knowledge Base Article "How to create absolute hyperlinks and relative hyperlinks in Word documents" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903163

-- Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Posted via the NNTP Bridge

"JohnB." wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

I am writing documentation using Word 2007 (12.0.6514.5001) SP1 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) and saving as mht files.  I want to hyperlink to local files in the same directory and leave the links as just the local file names, not having the full path to the file.  I want to do this to make the documentation portable.  I cannot figure out how to do it.  I searched & found reference to the hyperlink base but cannot figure out how to change it in my version of word.  I did change the "web options\file names & locations\ use long file names... & update links on save" settings to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

John

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS BEING VISIBLE!
OneDrive Folder Link
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1a8nP3RpgnYHp-5zXK

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 7,388 Last updated: May 11, 2018 Applies to: