Word Online Co Authoring - Flags not showing

I am editing a document in my OneDrive for business that I have shared with a colleague. Both of us can edit the document and we can see the changes being made. However, the changes appear word by word with a few sec delay but the biggest issue is there are no flags showing who is editing at which location in the document. Is there something we need to do to make those flags show?

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Let's see if we can figure out how what the problem is. To start off, can you provide a bit more information about the issue:

1. Just to clarify, both you and your colleague were using Wold Online, correct? The post clearly says that you were, but I wanted to double check that the colleague was also using it. If not, what was your colleague using?

2. Does this reproduce consistently when editing this document? Or is it a one-off problem that you saw?

3. Are all of the documents affected by this, or just the one you mentioned above?

4. If you can reproduce this issue, do you mind submitting customer feedback from the session that is experiencing this problem? To do that, click "HELP IMPROVE OFFICE" button in the lower right corner when you are inside the word online session that is experiencing problems, and follow the directions. Please include the following text in the description - "Rtc_Flags_Not_Showing". This will help me locate the feedback from you and give me the session information necessary to investigate this problem.

Thanks,

-Dmitry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for responding Dmitry

1. we are both using Word online

2. it happens more often than not.

3 multiple documents are effected

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I had the same issue with SharePoint 2016 On Premise and Office Online Server 2016.

The problem was in the OOS configuration, to get the Co-Authoring feature, you must configurate the AllowHTTP property to equal True.

"Set-OfficeWebAppsFarm -AllowHTTP".

Once the property was set up, the Co-Authoring flag start working on Word online, Excel online and PowerPoint Online.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2020 Views 449 Applies to: