Question

Q: Word cannot print. There is no printer installed This thread is locked from future replies

I have several users running Windows 7 Professional x64, and using Office 2010 x86

One user has had a repeating problem.  Sometimes, when trying to print from word 2010, she gets an error "word cannot print. there is no printer installed".  usually, a restart of the computer alleviates this issue.  she can print from other non microsoft applications when this happens. 

They are mainly attempting to print to network printers, which are on a print server, and are deployed by group policy preferences.  These network printers work fine for other users in the office running windows xp and office 2010.

I have disabled background printing.  it helped for one individual, but did nothing for the other. 

They both have an HP deskjet installed (windows installed the drivers) and are printing to an HP laserjet 4700. 

Answer

A:

REF:

1. From the Start Menu, go to the Office Starter 2010 folder
2. Right-click on the shortcut for Word and left-click Properties
3. Go to the Shortcut tab and click the Advanced button
4. Make sure the Run as Administrator checkbox is checked (mine was not)
5. Do the same for Excel
6. You might need to open the app two times before the UAC message appears, but you will be able to see your default printer after that

Cheers,

-Steve C.

This Fixed it for me after everything else failed.

:o) Phil

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

66 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Removed Avast anti-virus and installed Microsoft Essentials instead.  No more problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

22 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 102382 Last updated: February 23, 2018 Applies to: