How to display HTML code from a Word 2007 created document?

In Word 2003 I was able to display the corresponding html code from a Word document.

How do I do that in word 2007?

I have read the responses from the original

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wordcreate/thread/0573c5ca-7f0c-40a3-82fa-6b0f45f3d07,

but it does not make sense.

In short, I want to create a Word document and then be able to display display its html code.

Thanks

Answer
Answer

The link you provided gives a 404 error, so it's not possible to see what the answer was - although I believe I recognize the question...

I usually like to provide background information and my information source to back up a statement, but to boil it down to something more understandable:

The feature was removed from Office 2007. It's not there any more. You can't do what you did in Word 2003.

A Word document does not natively have HTML Code. You can save a Word document to "web page" format, open that in a text editor (or in Word if you activate the option that will let you select the encoding) and view the HTML the converter generated.

But in its native environment, a Word document is either in its binary file format or in the new OpenXML file format. It's never in HTML format. The tool that was integrated in earlier versions of Word (the VB Script editor) to show you HTML has been removed from Office 2007, so it's no longer possible to view any HTML.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2022 Views 20,700 Applies to: