can't accept tracked changes

I have a document that has a few tracked changes in it. When I reviewed and tried to accept them, they remained in their tracked appearance. I then tried using the reviewing pane for accepting them, one at a time, but, they continued to look tracked. I used Print Preview thinking it was a screen refresh issue, but no change.

Has anyone else ever run into this and have a fix for it? Facing a customer's deadline, I saved the file with another name and then I was able to accept the changes and have the file revert to a normal appearance. I'm wondering if there is another solution in case my last ditch file>save-as doesn't work in a future scenario. Also, any idea on why Word got "confused"?

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2018 Views 16,035 Applies to:
Answer
I haven't run into any limits like you suggest, and I'm a copy editor who typically makes 20 and more suggestions per page in the medium to large documents I work on.  I have noticed that changes in a table sometimes have to be individually or row-by-row accepted with the formatting marks displayed--sometimes I have to  click accept more than once.  When I  have to do this, I then run open and repair—occasionally, Word finds and repairs an error. I've seen this table revision acceptance problem in W2003&7; I haven't edited that many large documents in W2010 yet, so can't say. 

I've just checked the latest operating parameter limitations  page and don't see a limit for revisions (tracked changes).  There is one for comments though.

Pam
Pamelia Caswell

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.