TEAMS - Losing formatting when opening Word document.

When opening a word document that I have saved in TEAMS I am unable to to see any of the formatting i.e. headers, and can only only see basic text and tables. If I need to do any editing it is impossible to do this whilst the document is in the TEAMS browser. 

When I open the document in the Desktop App or download it I am able to see the document with all of the original formatting and can then do my editing. When saved back to TEAMS I am unable to see all of the changes I have made in the TEAMS browser i.e. changes in the heading fields, although when opening back in the desktop app I can see the changes that were made. This is really frustrating as I need to see the whole document when opening in TEAMS, not always wanting to edit, but then have to open it in the desktop app each time to see all of the document.

This has only become a problem since MS have made recent changes to TEAMS.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi BrianManning1,

We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem.

May I confirm the TEAMS browser you mentioned means open the Word document via clicking the Open in Brower option from Teams? If so, may I know the meaning of "When saved back to TEAMS I am unable to see all of the changes I have made in the TEAMS browser i.e. changes in the heading fields"?

Per my test, similar to Word for Web, you may need to click the Header button on the upper right of the opening screen to see the headers in the Word document. Besides, the changes (formatting or contents) of headers made from Word for the web or the desktop Word client will be reflected in opening documents in Teams once the changes are saved.

If what I understand is incorrect, could you provide some screenshots of the problem? We are glad to help you further.

*You can click the Insert image button to upload pictures when you reply.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Hugo

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2021 Views 7,645 Applies to: