Adding a mapped network drive to the office 2010 trusted locations

How do I add a mapped network drive to the trusted locations in office (word) 2010? I don't want to hassle with enabling editing on every single document I open from the drive.

Yes, I have tried checking the box "allow trusted locations on my network" and, with this checked, when I try to add a folder on the network drive to the trusted locations, I get the error message "the path you have entered cannot be used as a trusted location for security reasons. choose another location or a specific folder."

I've looked through all of the security options in word and can't get this to work. What am I missing? Is there a way to completely disable this security feature?

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2019 Views 53,688 Applies to:
Answer

I've just got it working, might not be exactly the correct way but....

check the allow trusted network locations.

rather than putting the mapped network drive letter (which is what i was doing) put in the full UNC to the drive/folder being mapped..

eg i have t:\  on the clients computers mapped to \\server2\alldocs

so in the trust location you put in \\server2\alldocs rather than t:\

opening a document through the mapped t:\ drive now works, i guess word/excel/etc sees the UNC rather than the map

annoyingly though (for me anyway) you have to set a trusted location for each individual program rather than being able to set a globally trusted location for all office programs! i guess its for much larger organisations with more data storage but its a PITA for me :)

34 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.