Error: undefinedresult Offending Command: xshow when using Office 2008 12.2.9 or higher due to documents sent to us with double exposure fonts as a logo!

Without having to possibly uninstall Office 2008 ver.12.3.1 and reinstall Office 2008 onto 20 and counting of iMacs and or MacBook Pros in the offices, is there another way to fix the current problem with the pages being printed out as blanks? I know that any machines running previous versions of Office 2008 12.2.5 or older, I do not see any issues. I have tracked it down to a particular iMac that can print out Word documents since it has 12.2.3 and my M.B.P. has 12.2.5 and either machine can print to any number of printers without an issue.
Before this becomes a raging fire and causes all of the teachers to agree to perform a software update with the automatic updates setup, I am going to have to go around and turn the auto updater off.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
TCWebmaster

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2018 Views 11,166 Applies to:
Answer
Try opening with Shift down (bypasses preferences) see if everything shows up normal. If so you have bad preferences.

Try doing Command all on the given document the switch to another Font. See if that helps.  If that does help run Font Book  click somewhere within the list of fonts hit command A (all) Then check for duplicate Fonts. And also verify Fonts. If you have a bad font remove it. Or use a Font Repair utility to repair it.

Check to see if there is an updated print Driver for the printers in question.  New Drivers shouldn't affect older applications. But might fix problems with newer application versions.
If my reply has helped, mark accordingly - Helpful or Answer
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I think the problem does not reside in Word, but in the OS. xshow is a PostScript command for painting characters and did not exist in older versions of PostScript. You need to check for printer driver updates.

Si mi respuesta te ha servido, márcala como solución o como útil.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.